• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[PleaseHelp] Need help to Port Forward

kokosal

Reaction score
I've tried almost every PortForward turtial on the forum, and I've ben on Portforward.com and found my router, but I always did like it said and I still couldnt log in on my server with the new IP address.

My router is a Inteno - DSL Router X5668

Please help ;)

Download TeamViewer and send me your login id/password and I will help you out. TeamViewer is a remote desktop software that is free (as long as you pick the non commercial version), in case you were wondering.

Download TeamViewer and send me your login id/password and I will help you out. TeamViewer is a remote desktop software that is free (as long as you pick the non commercial version), in case you were wondering.

I've used TeamViewer before, but im not so sure if I want to use it with a stranger...

Completely understandable, but I can assure that I am not one to do anything foolish. If you are uncomfortable with it though, I am not one to force you either. If you change your mind, you know where to find me.

PS. I do not need access to steer your computer. But it is heck of a lot easier for me to help you if I can see everything in front of me.

EDIT: Have you also checked your firewall, if it allows incoming connections on that specific port?

Completely understandable, but I can assure that I am not one to do anything foolish. If you are uncomfortable with it though, I am not one to force you either. If you change your mind, you know where to find me.

PS. I do not need access to steer your computer. But it is heck of a lot easier for me to help you if I can see everything in front of me.

EDIT: Have you also checked your firewall, if it allows incoming connections on that specific port?

Isnt it some other way you can help? Like if I show you pictures of how it looks when im on the router?

Of course. TeamViewer is just an easy, quick way of getting things done. But that's okay. Would you care to show me a screenshot of your port forwarding section?

Of course. TeamViewer is just an easy, quick way of getting things done. But that's okay. Would you care to show me a screenshot of your port forwarding section?

Well I can show you some pictures:

This is how it looks when im going to log in on the router
logintp.png

And this is how it look when I have choosen "Advanced Setup" then "Nat" Then "Virtual Servers" wich is what Portforward.com says im going to go into.
virutalserver.png

And this is how it looks like when I've chosen "Add" in the "Virtual Servers"
addg.png

I ques its here the problem is. What are im going to write in the blocks?

Chris wont do any thing to harm your computer. As you can tell by the orange name he fairly known around here. And if you see any thing you don't like all you have to do is hit esc and it will boot the other person off

Select custom server, type in a name that you'll easily recognise (e.g. Tibia or OpenTibia). Type in your local IP address in the Server IP Address field (192.168.x.x). Set all four port fields (both the external and internal ones) to 7171 and set the protocol to TCP / UDP. Hit the save/apply button.

ok goto start menu just type in or click "run then type "cmd" then type in ipconfig in the specified area and now for a number that is your IPv4 and then copy and paste that number into web browser (password is usually admin,admin) then look for where it says somthing like gaming or applications. then it will show a row of places to type. put in 7171 and 7172 and then yoou should be done

thats what i knowi tried my best if it didnt work sorry mate

Select custom server, type in a name that you'll easily recognise (e.g. Tibia or OpenTibia). Type in your local IP address in the Server IP Address field (192.168.x.x). Set all four port fields (both the external and internal ones) to 7171 and set the protocol to TCP / UDP. Hit the save/apply button.

I didnt understand the thing about the ip address, can you please tell me what ip I were supposed to put were is saiys "Server IP Address" the IP that I find when I go on Whatismyip.com and what were I supposed to put where is says "Remote Ip"

You may find your local IP using the command line. Do as the previous poster said, hit Windows Key + R, type cmd, hit enter. Once a black DOS window pops up, type ipconfig. You will get a bunch of text. Locate the string that has the title 'IPv4' and get the IP from there (it starts with 192.168...). Leave the remote IP blank.

You may find your local IP using the command line. Do as the previous poster said, hit Windows Key + R, type cmd, hit enter. Once a black DOS window pops up, type ipconfig. You will get a bunch of text. Locate the string that has the title 'IPv4' and get the IP from there (it starts with 192.168...). Leave the remote IP blank.

Thats wierd, when I open the cmd and type ipconfig it is not any numbers starting with 192.168 the numbers are only 10.0.0.1, 10.0.0.5 and 255.255.255.0

10.x.x.x is also a private (local) IP range. Although a bit more rare. Try using 10.0.0.5 as your server IP.

10.x.x.x is also a private (local) IP range. Although a bit more rare. Try using 10.0.0.5 as your server IP.

Okey I can log into the server now on 10.0.0.5, but I need to test if other players can do it too...
Btw, this is how it looks when I run the server does it look right to you?
runr.png

No, the global IP should be different. What IP do you get from What Is My IP Address - Shows Your IP Address If it is something other than 10.0.0.5 (which I assume it is), you should use that IP in your server config.lua file.

I get this ip "80.203.124.101" when I go on What Is My IP Address - Shows Your IP Address but when I log in on that it just says that the server is offline. You said something of firewalls how can I get them to not block the port if they do it?

Btw this is how it looks like in my router now:
rouat.png

You, being on your local machine should use the local IP (10.0.0.5 in your case). And everyone else whom is not connected to your internet, should use your global IP (80.203.124.101 in your case). In case you want to use a website application for your server as well, you are obligated to unblock port 80 as well (or any other port of your liking, but then you would have to append it to the URL (e.g. http://80.203.124.101:8080/ if you pick port 8080)).

REP+ to chris, gotta admit if i went to help someone and i was in Chris's situation i probably wouldntve went this far helping someone that thought i was gonna mess up his NOT SETUP SERVER! XD

Back