• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Poison and damage.

KyoAzai

Reaction score
Hi, im kinda new here. Im using tfs 1.2 with orts datapack to play single player tibia in my pc with low rates (x1), my goal is to play like in rl tibia but offline.

I noticed two differences on the gameplay, that are making the game more challenging.
First: Creatures always poison me. It doesnt matter if im level 200 with skills 100/100 a snake will always poison me if it gets to attack me (even on a miss). Same with every creature that can poison you ex: wasp, poison spiders, tarantulas (very annoying at early levels when im trying to do task).
Second: I dont know if all monster are hitting harder or just amazons, but in rl tibia I used to go leveling to venore amazon camp, and with a plate set and 50-50 skills I could just stand still minutes in from off amazons without being damaged (or just losing a bit of health), now im usually running for my life cause I get rekt from amazons at level 17 with skills 60/60.

So first I need someone to enlighten me, and tell me how can I fix the always poison issue.
Second how can I make amazons or monsters in general to hit less like in rl tibia, maybe shielding is not working right or is an armor issue.

Also the spawns where awful it was 60 seconds spawns, i know fast respawns are cool on high rates server and all that. But dude, not even a minute of resting while slaying things. Good thing I managed to replace the time for 180 seconds.

Any help? pretty please.

There should be absorption parameters in the vocation.xml file which will let you set the resistance to specific damage types also some items should provide a percentage of damage type resistance.

There should be absorption parameters in the vocation.xml file which will let you set the resistance to specific damage types also some items should provide a percentage of damage type resistance.
Any tutorial or code I can paste there, i dont have programming skills enough to figure out what to put there. I just checked the mentioned file and saw:
Code:
<formula meleeDamage="1.0" distDamage="1.0" defense="1.0" armor="1.0" />
Should I buff armor? How about poison?

Thanks for the fast reply

I checked the sources and it seems they removed the damage type absorption parameters from vocation.xml

I'll be honest I don't know much about the mutipliers in vocation.xml in regard to the formula node, maybe someone else can assist you.

I checked the sources and it seems they removed the damage type absorption parameters from vocation.xml

I'll be honest I don't know much about the mutipliers in vocation.xml in regard to the formula node, maybe someone else can assist you.

Too bad, they remove them, don`t worry at least you tried. Thank you :)

Removing Poison Damage from monsters you mentioned might be a good way too.

No, the idea is not to remove poison, but to get poisoned just when monsters manage to bloodhit you. If I`am level 1 with no armor and 10-10 skills i want to get poisoned by an snake, if im level 3000 with top armor and god like skills I don`t want to get poisoned by them. Removing poison is not an option.

The poison issue is a noted error in TFS, there is already an issue on github for it. No solutions that I've seen as of yet.

As for the damage, I suppose the quickest and most hacky way to do it would be an onHealthChange and onManaChange script. This basically reduces all damage by monsters by 10%. Play and fiddle until you achieve the desired results.
Code:
function onHealthChange(creature, attacker, primaryDamage, primaryType, secondaryDamage, secondaryType, origin)
    if attacker and attacker:isMonster() then
        if creature:isPlayer() then
            if primaryType ~= COMBAT_HEALING then
                primaryDamage = primaryDamage * 0.9
            end
        end
    end
    return primaryDamage, primaryType, secondaryDamage, secondaryType
end

function onManaChange(creature, attacker, manaChange, origin)
    if creature:isPlayer() then
        if attacker and attacker:isMonster() then
            manaChange = manaChange * 0.9
        end
    end
    return manaChange
end

You can do this (snake.xml):
<attack name="melee" interval="2000" skill="10" attack="8" poison="15" />

Instead, you use:
<attack name="melee" interval="2000" min="0" max="-50" />
<attack name="poisoncondition" interval="2000"chance="10" range="7' min="0" max="-x" />
<attribute key="shootEffect" value="poison" />
</attacks>

You can define (min, max) for melee damage instead of attack, skill.
It won't be like RL, but it does the job, I guess (although you get weird values in "min" and "max".)

Back