• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

PokeNation Discussion Thread

unrivaledneo

Pokemon Master
Reaction score
pokenation_1.png

Project Started 1/OCT/2015

Website up! (WIP)

Last edited:
Welcome all future trainers to a new US based Poketibia based server.

As an active OT community think it was about time to get a discussion going about PokeNation, and about what you as players would like to see in this OT Project.

Overview:
With PokeNation we want to try to take this OTServer is a different direction from most typical Poke OTServers. We are basing alot of our server off the animes with a few references from the game series themself.

We want to try and take as much away from the "grind fest" as possible and make this more of an RPG/MMO. With plenty of quests to do, events to attend, will hopefully find something that will grab the attention of all.

We want to replace all Tibia based sprite to help recreate a whole new world, for our final product NO TIBIA SPRITES WILL BE USED. With that being said, dont think this will happen anytime soon. Will take a long time before we get to this point, but it will happen.

About Us:
We have mostly ran MineCraft based servers for the past few years. We have had many successful servers, and still do.

Toez aka Unrivaledneo: Game Design/Lua Scripter/Database edited
Eisen: Mapping/Web Dev/Artwork (non-pixel)
Soggy: C++Dev/Pixel Art/Web Dev

Want to help?
Always looking for Mappers and Scripters to help speed up the process.

Features: (Complete/Incomplete/Not Started)
~
Typical OTPoke Features
~Catch/Train/Level
~EV System
~Gen1/Gen2 Pokemon
~Shiny System
~Mega Evos

Factions/Alignment
After level 15 the player can choose to join either Team Rocket or the Police Force (or neither if they like.) Each faction can earn points in different ways and obtain special items/equipment.

Team Rocket:
TR are able to trap wild Pokes and turn then in for points
Able to break into buildings and steal valuable loot (NPC places no player housing)
Gets access to special items (Nets for trapping, lockpicks for breaking and entering)
Gets a special Rocket Outfit

Police Force:
PF are able to arrest TR that are trespassing
Able to released trapped pokes for points
Gets access to special items (Handcuffs for arresting, Hand Radio to listen to reports about break ins)
Gets access to special outfits/Motor bike

NOTE: Still a wip idea.

Proffesions/Jobs (Vocations)
These are jobs anyone can choose to do. They get a daily salary along with special perks

Pokemon Trainer

Pokemon Breeder

NOTE: Still wip

Suggested Features: (Complete/Incomplete/Not Started)
~NONE YET

New Starter Sprites:
al2ewz.png

Credit to Leshrot for his amazing work

What do YOU as the players want to see?
Your input is important, what features do you want to see? What don't you want to see?

Last edited:
This post makes me excited. I've always loved Pokemon servers, but the sad part is that most of them were in a language I couldn't understand. I've recently started playing PAdventures but for some reason I don't seem to be having as much fun as I used too. I will certainly be posting some input later on. :) BTW is it just me or does the Bulbasaur sort of look like zombified? I mean its got like those blood-shot eyes hahaha. Nonetheless I still like it. :)

Guess i should have stated it is a US based server, and will be primary for the Eng speaking players. :D

Plan atm is to have gen 1 all comeplete and resprited. Some of Gen 2 (Mostly the Evos from Gen 1)

Really nice sprites :D
Maybe you should use pokexgames sprites and redo only the pokemons? I think this worth a lot more and will speed up the process xD
You already have something done in game? Some screenshot will be good to see how the game is atm

Screenshots are on the way, just wanna to show off what we have now because it's just a.small island we use for testing lol. Once we get more progress of the map.will be sure to post more up.

You're not the first one to talked about pokexgames I need to take a look never played on there server before.

Don't allow the amount of responses you get on a thread dictate your dedication to your server. Have a small group of followers who will test for/with you, and when it's ready to be released, flood the OT forums with advertisements.

@Topic
I think it's great to have a Pokemon server for US/English-speaking players, if for no other reason than English technical support. And in my own bias, a better chance at having a good community.

I hope you continue this project and I look forward to what else you're going to do.

Is Poke Servers not that popular here? Or is it an BR thing :p
It is true xD, but i hosted pokemon server long time ago. I posted on otland, got maybe few replies. So i never thougt i would get players, but i hitted 200 players. 90% br's and 10% other countries :p

So don't give up! GoGo!

Well, you should give some images for the people who read it understand and reply what they think about the server, only text is a bit hard to do it xD

Thanks, and I agree in the process of remapping want to make sure it's good before I show it off

Is Poke Servers not that popular here? Or is it an BR thing :p
Is a BR thing mostly. I still play them and i love them. Ill be sincere it you must be more original than the open distro or even pokexgames if you want to succeed. Almost all features listed are in the tibiaking release.

That's the goal is to create something new, that's why I am hoping people will leave input about what they would like to see in the server.

As far as our distro goes we have one not based of any publicly released. So alot of what we have is custom. In the process of switching to tfs 1.1 from 0.3.6 atm to allow us to do more.

The sprites looks really, REALLY good! The poke servers I have seen so far using really big ugly sprites what makes me not play it.
Good luck, I make sure to follow this :)

Thanks we have a very talented artist, it will take a while but be worth it in the end. Never liked the standard sprites other servers used along with the standard tibia sprites. The end goal is to have everything completely redone.

WHGpLF1.png

Sneak peek.

I spoke to @Cornex on Skype about this thread just a few minutes ago, and we both agreed this is remarkable! I have absolutely no interest in playing any Tibia or Open Tibia servers, but the fact that you are recreating the pokemon sprites in Tibia's natural perspective, is incredible. Not only that, but they look absolutely stunning too!

I wish you and your project nothing but the best of luck! If anyone was ever going to get me back into playing Open Tibia servers, it would be something like this. ;- )

I really like pokemon, but I didn't like any "pokeot" out there, but this one looks promising :)

Thank you who liked the sprites, this servers is very promising and has a great initiative in doing every Pokemon and sprite in Perspective 45º.

:)

Back