• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

POLL: What vocation-system do you prefer?

What vocation-system do you prefer? Pick your 3 favourites!

• Tibia original

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • Custom/New vocations with a lot to choose from

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Custom/New vocations but not many choices(Tibia has 4, so 4-8)

Votes: 19 57.6%
  • Tibia original with added vocations

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Tibia original with modified vocations

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • No vocation system

Votes: 9 27.3%

• Total voters

Sinth

Argardh.com
Reaction score
The question is simple: What is your favourite vocation "system" on an Open Tibia server?

Wheter or not it is a custom client, what version of Tibia/TFS, custom map or not is irrelevant(not the question).

I am about doing own OTS for fun (don't thinking about super OTS with a lot of ppl, just doing for doing), and hm... My friend likes a lot of vocations, because he is a WoW player (11 classes are there, where one has 3-4 ways to play, like tank, healer or dmg dealer). On "my OTS" I want to have 6 vocations: sorcerer, druid, hunter (paladin focused on range dmg, without holy spells), warlock (sorcerer focused on high dmg death spells and summoning undeads), warrior (knight focused on dealing dmg), paladin (knight with a lot of def stuff, holy spells, natural born blocker).

So yeah, my vote comes to Tibia original with added vocations & Tibia original with modified vocations

I would really like a server with no vocations and low rates, like a rookgardian expanse or a whole new big map to you explore without much resources and being weak

i'd enjoy a server that you can freely change your own vocation.
It needs to have a huge amount of vocations and massive custom content.

i think it has a big potential of being fun if well designed content is provided
would be very cool that you need to achieve dexterity in a particular (or multiple) vocation to reach certain goal
that game design would also help to let peoples engaged for a expressive amount of time since there is a more ways of being powerful and many more ranking types

Some new vocations would be awesome to try out, makes the game fresh to have new content like new vocations that could completely change the game and make it more fun. Look at Moba games like league of legends, every hero is like it's own vocation and there's a 100+. Different genre sure, but rpgs like wow do it too and it works.

The type of vocation system a server has depends on what type of server you're aiming to make. If your plan is to make a server where PvP is a big aspect, then having many custom vocations will be very hard to do due to balancing issues.
Typical games have their own category for example: League of Legends is a MOBA, CS-GO is an FPS, World of Warcraft is an MMORPG, and Hearthstone is a card game.

The thing that amazes me about open tibia servers is that basically anything is possible. In all of my years of playing OTs I have seen people attempt to make MOBA's aka a League of Legends based server. There have already been multiple server that have been based on shooters such as CS-GO. I know of an OT project that's based on World of Warcraft. Some weeks ago a person posted a project that was Yu-Gi-Oh aka a card game.

The type of vocation system I would like to see depends on the type of server. I have lost interest in PvP quite some time ago since 99% of people use programs to enhance their skills which makes it very boring. I tend to enjoy custom RPG's with as much new content as possible. I'm a huge fan of custom vocations and I love trying out every server that has them. The main problem is that it's extremely hard to balance and I rarely find servers with balanced custom vocations.

Getting more on topic.. there has always been a vocation system I would LOVE to see in the form of an OT, but I doubt it will ever happen. It would be extremely hard to maintain and balance and probably not worth the effort.
The vocation system would be based on Path of Exile. Not sure if you're aware how it works, and it would take to long to explain, but oh man I can only imagine how much fun it would be.

TL;DR
Custom vocations all the way. Seeing the same 4 vocations with same spells every single time is super boring.

Back