• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows Port 80 redirect/port checker tool question.

Taurus

Texass
Solutions
Reaction score
So I've got a redirect setup. I was hoping to use port 80 redirect, so they won't have to type :8080 after the website. I've got all the ports forwarded, and the port check tools are reading like this:

(Obviously, this is using no-ip.com. But your experience with any similar site would also apply.)
This is a simple thing that we've all done 90bn times, I just haven't done it in 6 years. Why is it affecting other ports?

With port 80 redirect enabled:
80 is open
7171-7172 are closed

Without redirect: (of course)
80 is closed
7171-7172 are open

I have done this several times before, and I don't really remember what the deal is. Are these port check tools lying to me? If I use the port 80 redirect, and put the redirect address into config.lua will they still be able to connect even in the port check tool is saying 7171/7172 are closed?

TO ANYONE: who uses no-ip. Will you PLEASE let me know if port 80 redirect DOES NOT affect 7171-7172. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
If every person who read this took a stab at it, I might just have something to go on.

Thanks again to ANYONE who could speak up about this.

Maybe if you explain how you are doing this redirect someone could help.
I know you're trying to be funny, but it totally fell flat. I'm doing a port 80 redirect. Using no-ip.com.

Pretty sure that people with a bit more experience will already know that. Stay out of threads you don't understand.

I know you're trying to be funny, but it totally fell flat. I'm doing a port 80 redirect. Using no-ip.com.

Pretty sure that people with a bit more experience will already know that. Stay out of threads you don't understand.
You got me wrong, there are a lot of threads that the owner doesn't even know what he is talking about that is good to check first. Sorry if I offended you.

I think you should test your connections, port checkers lie a lot.

Yeah, but that's kinda the problem. It's not just the port checker. If I enable port 80 redirect people can NOT login.

I have to have this 8080 on the end of my address for them to get to the website without the redirect. I'd really like to get rid of it.

You got me wrong, there are a lot of threads that the owner doesn't even know what he is talking about that is good to check first. Sorry if I offended you.

I just can't understand why with the redirect turned on, it doesn't allow people to connect with ip changer. Was really hoping someone had dealt with this more recently than myself. You will have to forgive me for snapping back at you. I just get sick of every thread I have created on OTland people try to make it look incomplete/pointless... Yet someone can come and post "I need script that does X and I need it FAST." and they get three people helping them lol.

I am pretty good at what I do, and I don't create threads erroneously. I have exhausted all other resources and I know this is something people here can help me with. Forgive me for the chip on my shoulder. I just can't STAND the constant insinuations that I don't know what I'm talking about lol. This is a fairly common issue is it not?

TO ANYONE: who uses no-ip. Will you PLEASE let me know if port 80 redirect DOES NOT affect 7171-7172. Thanks in advance.

You could try to change the apache port. By default, it runs on 80 (also know as 8080). I dont quite remember to do it, but as long as you are hosting the server at your home, you could try to change the port, and setup noip too. What do you think about that?

Sounds annoying.
A lot of ISP's will block port 80 for "your protection".
Call them up and ask them to unblock the port for you.
They are sometimes really annoying about unblocking the port, but just press them until they unblock it.
Remember, they are not doing you a favour. You are the paying client for their services, and you should have full control over which ports you wish to have open.

On the other side,
Having to type the :8080.. is that only for you.. or for other people as well?
I thought it was just an internal issue you had to deal with.

Also for it blocking the other ports while re-direct is in progress..
Is your server active, when you check the ports?
If the ports aren't being used when you check them, they will often give a false positive.

You cant unblock certain ports if you live in Brazil, unfortunately, unless you pay for a dedicated ip. :(:(

But port 80 hardly is a problem. most routers have builtin configurations to free some ports, as port 80

Well, the issue isn't with my ports. I have players online right now, everything is cool. They just have to type the port number in browser to get to the webpage.

It's just when i use the redirect that no one can connect. Here's the deal...

a "port 80" redirect should only redirect one port. That's how it always used to work. I'm trying to redirect port 80 to my port 8080. 7171, 7172 are fine.

Yes my port 80 is blocked.... that's why I'm doing THIS. But when I redirect from port 80 then people cannot connect to the server.

Last edited:
Well, the issue isn't with my ports. I have players online right now, everything is cool. They just have to type the port number in browser to get to the webpage.

It's just when i use the redirect that no one can connect. Here's the deal...

a "port 80" redirect should only redirect one port. That's how it always used to work. I'm trying to redirect port 80 to my port 8080. 7171, 7172 are fine.

Yes my port 80 is blocked.... that's why I'm doing THIS. But when I redirect from port 80 then people cannot connect to the server.
i have same problem my isp blocking port 80, do you have any solution for this ? using any other port ?

i have same problem my isp blocking port 80, do you have any solution for this ? using any other port ?

Well, blocking port 80 is easy to get around. And most people say you could ask your ISP to open it, seems like a longshot tho. They might even set your ip to change often just so you can't keep a stable server running. ISPs are dickheads like that.

Just go into your router and set up the ports like this
External port 8080 should point to internal port 80 on whatever host the server is on. Then players need to use Http://yourwebsite.com:8080

Where red is the EXTERNAL
port number for your webpage and green is the domain for your site/whatever no-ip address etc.

sadly i'm facing the same problem after days working on my ot i can't set it online :/
i'm disappointed, tried everything, now i want to change to port 8080 instead of port 80 ..

can you help me? i don't know how to do it :/

i'm using tibia 8.6 and Uniserver ... i have Team Viewer also..

Regards.

Back