• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows Port forward nightmare

ares413

Reaction score
So i have both 7171 and 7172 port forwarded with my static ipv4 address. which ip address do i need to use for 80? for my webserver? i use xampp. and im just confused, between global ip, static ip, and localhost ip. i dont know what im doing wrong or what to even do.
static is 192.168.1.3
global is 173.73.12.80
and localhost is obviously 127.0.0.1
this is how its set up now:port forward 2.jpg port forward 3.jpg

port forward.jpg

Let me show you a few things here, lets start with the IPs:
Localhost, or 'localhost' will ALWAYS be '127.0.0.1'
Internal IPs are ones that start with 192.168 and they have the form 192.168.x.x (for example 129.168.10.5)
Global IPs are any combination of numbers between 1.1.1.1 and 255.255.255.255, with a few restricted ones(like the 192.168.x.x range)

To port forward your webserver you must use your internal IP, the same one you used for ports 7171 and 7172.

Now something to keep i mind is that many ISP, specially in the US(ip trace on you extern IP lol) clock traffic on port 80 for standard users so call up your IPS and tell them to unblock it.

okay well what you just said, i already did....you can see in the pictures i posted, i have my internal ip forwarded for my webserver. as fo-r my ISP, ive had a website working on this network before, so thats not the case.
i dont know what the problem is

Do you have your website running when you test this? Else it will say it's closed even when it's open.
It could be that it's used or blocked by a program, so you can try to turn off your anti-virus program or firewall.

dont think thats true, i run my server when i test it on vapus and the server part works and the website doesnt...even when i turned xampp off it still said i couldnt run the website

Edit: plus right next to the address box it says your website must be running..

Last edited:
Ensure everything is correct like limos was trying to say, no firewall restrictions and stuff, they are very strict, but you only need to open tcp ports.

A lot is ISPs restrict port 80 from use, you can call and ask them to open it or maybe you have a restriction in your firewall, make sure ya turn all firewalls off to test., if you are still having the issue it's more than likely an ISP restriction. If so just purchase web hosting, it's pretty cheap for a small webserver being that most server activity is with the server itself. Or you can use port 8080 for your webserver. In which case ya buy a domain and just have it direct to the server as lets say

fireballot.com Redirecting
fireballot.com:8080
Then they are in your webserver

dont think thats true, i run my server when i test it on vapus and the server part works and the website doesnt...even when i turned xampp off it still said i couldnt run the website

Edit: plus right next to the address box it says your website must be running..
I think you misunderstood what I posted.
"Do you have your website running when you test this? Else it will say it's closed even when it's open."
With else I mean if not.

If your website is not running while you use the tool, it will say port 80 is closed, even when it's open.
Same goes for your server, if your server is not running while you use the tool, it will say port 7171 and 7172 is closed even when it's open.

Did you already try to turn off firewall and your anti-virus program (if you have one)?

talking about Port Forwarding i have bigger problem:

80 port I've opened - it's ok. But what to do with Login and Game servers ports? (7171/7172). I can't open them.
Router port forwarding:

in config.lua im using global ip.
firewall is turned off.
antivirus is disabled.
Open tibia server works correctly.
My ip address set to static. 192.168.0.50 (in router ip address is dynamic - same dns (old foto)).
Apache is running.
MySQL is configured with website and server, also its running.
Server is running.
I can login to server with my local ip address.
Other players can't login with global ip address (tested all addresses).
And still http://vapus.net/canihost shows that 80 port opened and 7171/7172 ports are closed. - Any ideas?

it was my firewall i had to manually allow traffic through 80, thank you, and @ up you may need to setup a static ip, what does it say when you do ipconfig /all in cmd?

8080 should be 80 in virtual servers
protocol tcp.
so I'm not sure how it shows that 80 is open, and 7171 and 71712 are not?

In some cases anyone on your local network cannot access using global ip address. only people outside of your local network can.

I've released my network and tried to open ports through cmd but still didn't helped. Port 80 I have written instead 8080 and still nothing. I used static and dynamic ip addresses and did the same thing and still nothing! What's the problem then ?!

Make sure that you type ipconfig /all in cmd and see that your local ip is correct in port forward list.
If you are having too much trouble maybe I can help you on teamviewer or something but sometimes it's just simple mistakes.

Believe, im not so stupid to make simple mistakes. And problem what did you say isn't problem. I know a lot with port forwarding but even with my knowledge I can't fix. Also Limos tried to help and still nothing good to say. I need really advanced level expierence support who knows really good in it who can help not just by asking stupid questions with simple mistakes.

Believe, im not so stupid to make simple mistakes. And problem what did you say isn't problem. I know a lot with port forwarding but even with my knowledge I can't fix. Also Limos tried to help and still nothing good to say. I need really advanced level expierence support who knows really good in it who can help not just by asking stupid questions with simple mistakes.
Oh okay! haha, well guess what, I know more than you gauranteed (And sometimes I make simple stupid mistakes as that), it's called process of elimination, those are the general areas to start! So maybe you should have provided screen shots or a better description of exactly what you have done, then we would know to rule those things out good luck figuring it out on your own.

Oh okay! haha, well guess what, I know more than you gauranteed (And sometimes I make simple stupid mistakes as that), it's called process of elimination, those are the general areas to start! So maybe you should have provided screen shots or a better description of exactly what you have done, then we would know to rule those things out good luck figuring it out on your own.
I went through basic things with him. All the ports are closed, he used wrong ip in the vapus canihost tool, that's why it said port 80 was open.
He opened the ports with his IPv4 address/static ip, turned off firewall, has no anti-virus program running and he restarted his computer and his router. People who try to login get connection timed out from the login server.
The ports are not in use, he has this problem with every port and the config settings are correct. When he turned off the firewall in his router, it still said the ports were closed.

Back