• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Port Forwarding and Connection

Make sure you added the IPv4 address of the host pc in hosts of that computer and that you use your domain (instead of your global ip) in config.lua and in the IP Changer.

Edit: The workaround with the hosts file doesn't work for his server version (TFS 0.4 3777).

Last edited:
Make sure you added the IPv4 address of the host pc in hosts of that computer and that you use your domain (instead of your global ip) in config.lua.

Hosts lan Computer :
# Copyright (c) 1993-2009 Microsoft Corp.
#
# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
#
# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
# space.
#
# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
# lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
#
# For example:
#
# 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server
# 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host

192.168.15.15 guildwars.ddns.net

-- Connection config
worldId = 0
ip = "guildwars.ddns.net"
loginPort = 7171
gamePort = 7172
loginTries = 10
retryTimeout = 5 * 1000
loginTimeout = 60 * 1000
maxPlayers = 1000
motd = "Welcome!"
displayOnOrOffAtCharlist = false
onePlayerOnlinePerAccount = true
allowClones = false
serverName = "Guildwars"
loginMessage = "Welcome!"
statusTimeout = 1
replaceKickOnLogin = true
forceSlowConnectionsToDisconnect = false
loginOnlyWithLoginServer = false
premiumPlayerSkipWaitList = false

With global Address charlist select character connection refused

With Lan Address Charlist Select Character Connection Refused

Note: All ports Checked And Accept Connections

Did you open port 7172 aswell? Do you have your global ip in your config.lua and do you use your IPv4 address to login and others your global ip?

So you are hosting a linux server in a virtual envoirment correct. So maybe check you're virtual box settings instead of internal lan to set it on bridged

Hello.
I forwarded ports 80, 7171, 7172 on my router, but when i check it on port checker only port 80 is open, ports 7171 and 7172 still closed, anyone have idea why?

Greetings.

edit
solved, when i make server online, then check on port checker, ports are open

Last edited:
Hi i put my computer to blank screen savers most of the time to keep the server on but on portchecker it says port 80 is closed but i port portforwarded it and it works only if my computer is not on screen saver how do i fix this? With my computer appearing to be off its an all in one pc btw

Hi i put my computer to blank screen savers most of the time to keep the server on but on portchecker it says port 80 is closed but i port portforwarded it and it works only if my computer is not on screen saver how do i fix this? With my computer appearing to be off its an all in one pc btw
Do you mean sleepmode? In the most cases sleepmode turns off all internet traffic.

You can turn screen saver or "sleep mode" off from control panel.

Its not on sleep mode because i already checked and the computer still runs

Says all ports are open, and my friend still cant connect to my server from his computer. I made exception rules for the firewall..

Last edited:
i have the same issue its really weird because i can log in to the server with my local and global ip (using ip changer)
(i can use these ips also my no-ip domains to log int to website)
the weird things comes with my custom clients and OTC
to log in to my server i can do it only with my global ip and local ip and (ONLY ONE of my 3 no-ip domains)WITH IP CHANGER
but with a custom client or OTC my GLOBAL or LOCAL DOESN'T WORKS but again...JUST CAN LOGIN WITH JUST ONE OF MY THREE NO-IP DOMAINS.... no my global or local ip just with one of my three no-ip domains(custom client and OTC)
i've tested with others distribution the same things are happening
i must add that a few months again i wasn't having troubles to log in with otc or custom client with my global ip
i've checked my ports they are open all..disabling firewalls...the @Limos host tricks etc
no succes
please help me

Limos would you help me via teamviewer,I am having a hard time already 4 days,it's killing me.
When I open my ports,and go to halfaway it says its closed,BUT. I can log in my server (character list),but cannot log to game.
I would really appreciate if you have a time for me,who am I ? I'm no one to you,but you are great OTlander. All the best.
EDITED : If you got a teamviewer it would be nice

Last edited:
Hello sorry for my "english" i got all ports open i was checked on website etc.. firework all same with you and ppl check character but cant loggin :S i was used NoIP

It's been years since setting up a server, and this part saved my life - had everything set up and working from the "public IP" but couldn't access it from the local network; now I'm all set up live and can login as well. As it wasn't letting me due to NAT Loopback issues with my router.

Thank you for the help!

3. I can't connect to my own server but other people can

It's normal if you can't connect with your global ip to your server or website if you connect from the computer that hosts the server/website.
There are other IPs you can use instead.
You can try to use 127.0.0.1, your IPv4 address or add your domain to hosts and use your domain to connect: Solved - Help with my webpage (https://otland.net/threads/help-with-my-webpage.223416/#post-2146872)

For further explanation:

Open your hosts file (C:/Windows/system32/drivers/etc/hosts in Windows).
I recommend to use notepad++ to do this incase you accidentally do save as which will turn the hosts file in a .txt file when you use text edit programs like the default windows notepad and then it won't work.
If you can't save the hosts file, make sure it's only opened once and run notepad++ as administrator.

In the hosts file write your IPv4 address and next to that your domain.
29rx14K62.png

Then add your domain in config.lua and use your domain in your IP Changer to connect to your server.
When you have the same problem when you connect from a different computer from the same network, you can do the same thing there, with the IPv4 address of the host pc.
Note: This workaround doesn't work for some older (Crying Damson) versions, for these versions use your global ip in config.lua and your IPv4 address in your IP Changer.

Back