• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Port Forwarding Issues

Smoothmoves4

Reaction score
So recently I have been trying to work on a server, and I have been trying everything to get my ports open so I can test somethings out and continue working. However, no matter what I do when I check the ports it keeps saying they are closed. I have followed several of the tutorials in the forums, I've used portforward.com, followed their instructions(selected my computer, added the ports i want open with tcp and udp) still they say they are closed. I have even tried adding rules to allow them through windows firewall and even tried turning off the firewall just to check but no they are still closed. So im looking for any suggestions that might help me get the ports open. If it helps I am using 2WIRE router model 3801HGV.

You should check, if you have external/internal IP (call your ISP). If you have internal, then you can't host OTS (but there is always Hamachi).

/\? https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090808111627AApxwZJ

So recently I have been trying to work on a server, and I have been trying everything to get my ports open so I can test somethings out and continue working. However, no matter what I do when I check the ports it keeps saying they are closed. I have followed several of the tutorials in the forums, I've used portforward.com, followed their instructions(selected my computer, added the ports i want open with tcp and udp) still they say they are closed. I have even tried adding rules to allow them through windows firewall and even tried turning off the firewall just to check but no they are still closed. So im looking for any suggestions that might help me get the ports open. If it helps I am using 2WIRE router model 3801HGV.
You can follow this tutorial.
https://otland.net/threads/port-forwarding-and-connection.230381/
If it still doesn't work post what you all did and the results.

You should check, if you have external/internal IP (call your ISP). If you have internal, then you can't host OTS (but there is always Hamachi).

I did some looking into it and you are correct damn ISP not allowing me to do it, but I understand the reasoning. I'll look in Hamachi. Thanks for the help.

Back