• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Port Forwarding - Setting Server Online

Autobus

Reaction score
Issue is port forwarding, I already opened all required ports (i believe?) 35887
and set the correct IPs on config.lua
I don't know if this needs to be 127.0.0.1 or global IP 177.x.x.x :35889
I use Xampp for the database and I saw a few IP required there or "localhost" stuff and I don't know if I need to change it or leave it like that.
Tested ports with Open Port Check Tool - Test Port Forwarding on Your Router (https://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/) and everything shows as closed while server/web are running. All firewalls down.
I can access character list with client 127.0.0.1 but can't login

Looks like your config is alright but something is blocking ports or not configured the right way,
What router are you using?
Can you try login with "192.168.0.29" instead of 127.0.0.1

Same happens with 192.168.0.29 / 127.0.0.1, router is UbeeC1310, I think the problem is that I open the ports on my router settings but the router itself doesnt work, but not really sure what's happening

You cannot do 7171-7172 You must do them separate. Well, maybe you don't have too on some but in my experience I have had too. Try that.

so start point 7171 end point 7171
start point 7172 end point 7172

Same happens with 192.168.0.29 / 127.0.0.1, router is UbeeC1310, I think the problem is that I open the ports on my router settings but the router itself doesnt work, but not really sure what's happening
I can see this router got too many protecting options that maybe block your ports, Check on your advanced options enable all, Disable your router firewall, Disable your windows defender or any total protection software (antivirus) that might block ports and disable your windows firewall.
I am sure you forgot one of them or you didn't forward your ports correctly, I don't think you need to add your external IP address or atleast in my router.

I can see this router got too many protecting options that maybe block your ports, Check on your advanced options enable all, Disable your router firewall, Disable your windows defender or any total protection software (antivirus) that might block ports and disable your windows firewall.
35892every firewall is disabled, still nothing, I looked for help on twitter about my ISP and looks like there is a 10 usd fee for opening ports, not sure if its actually true tho, that might be the static ip

already changed this also
I am not sure what causes that then ask about your router because I once had same error and then I discovered my router has built-in firewall that cannot be disabled or edited.
If you still didn't solve this problem until I come back, I will make another search about your router to see what I get.

You say you can't access the game (just char list) from within the same computer? In that case thats not an issue with ports.

Also, those web port checker tools will show as closed as long as you don't have activity on those ports, they are not 100% trusty.

All firewalls down, incomming connection rules already set just in case, still same

Can you clarify that you are trying to login from within localhost? If thats the case it may be a NAT issue that can be solved binding your global to your local IP address in your hosts file.

Last edited:
I use 127.0.0.1 or 192.168.0.29 and the issue is that character lists loads and when I try to connect I get 10060 error (nothing shows on console), database is set to "localhost".
binding your global to your local IP address on your hosts file.
I don't know how to do this.

I use 127.0.0.1 or 192.168.0.29 and the issue is that character lists loads and when I try to connect I get 10060 error (nothing shows on console), database is set to "localhost".

I don't know how to do this.

I'll rephrase. Do you login to the server from the same PC that is hosting the server?

Go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc

Open hosts file with some text editing program.

Add

192.168.1.2 123.456.789.012

The first IP is your local IP (get it from CMD using IPCONFIG) and the second IP is your global IP, get it from any website like whatsmyip.net - Its 2 IPs separated by 1 space

Save and exit (need admin permission)

Make sure to close server/client after those changes.

Report if it worked.

22: 192.168.1.x 177.x.x.x
save and exit? I don't get the format that I should do it since there is no actual code on the file, also you mean "make sure server is closed before changing it"?

You write both IP there separated by 1 space (local and global IP) Make sure you have admin rights, save the file and try. Make sure to restart both server/client before trying.

Back