• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!
  • New resources must be posted under Resources tab. A discussion thread will be created automatically, you can't open threads manually anymore.

MoveEvent Portal of the Posessed

Evan

A splendid one to behold
Senator
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score

I will be releasing all of my "mini-scripts" over the course of the next two months.
I have approximately 70 of these scripts that would make your server unique.
You may visit my blog in my signature to view all scripts that have been released so far.

Portal of the Posessed

What does it do?
The portal prevents un-posessed people. The only way to enter is look like an evil thing.
There is an unholy book guarded by a werewolf. Using chameleon rune on the book will make you look evil.
You are posessed, you may now enter the portal

LHdhI8.png

Installing the script:

Remember to change the item looktype, teleport position, damage, and actionID if you wish.

Create a new Lua file in data/movements/scripts named posessedportal and add the following:
Lua:
function onStepIn(cid, item, position, fromPosition)
local cidOutfit = getCreatureOutfit(cid)

if cidOutfit.lookTypeEx == 6103 then -- 6103 is Unholy Book
		doTeleportThing(cid, {x = 1082, y = 926, z = 11}) -- Teleport to
		doPlayerSendTextMessage(cid, MESSAGE_INFO_DESCR, "Welcome to the Nightmare Realm.")
	else
		doPlayerSendTextMessage(cid, MESSAGE_INFO_DESCR, "You are not possessed.")
		doTeleportThing(cid, fromPosition, true)
		doTargetCombatHealth(0, cid, COMBAT_FIREDAMAGE, -200, -200, CONST_ME_HITBYFIRE) -- Damage
	end
	return true
end

In movements.xml, add the following line:
XML:
<movevent type="StepIn" actionid="37920" event="script" value="posessedportal.lua"/>

In Remere's map editor, set the portal actionID to 37920.

hahaha thats actually not a bad idea. That could be a fun little puzzle anyone could put deep into a dungeon.

It adds some puzzle solving to quests instead of having it just be "kill all the monsters".

To make it more interesting, just a suggestion for people to use it, you should put a riddle behind the portal that people have to figure out, and in the area around the portal would have more than just one item that fits part of the riddle, but only one would be the correct one to pass through.

For this book quest, i'd write the riddle as "To pass the gate, you must show your testament to evil"

Testament referring to books, and being the key clue.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Evan again.

Damn. I think I'll add this to my server ;)
Pretty unique, I can't wait to steal see some others. Maybe it'll inspire me some :)

Red

Back