• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Ports not open? :S Help please!!!

matthewharrison

Reaction score
Ok, so I posted a problem earlier about not being able to get my website setup...so since I was having trouble with that I decided to get the server online anyways & just use the in game account maker until I could solve my website issues.

I knew I had to forward my ports, so I went into my linksys router config & forwarded ports 80, 7171, and 7172...but when I checked to see if they were open using an online tool, it said they were still closed.

I then went back into the router config & turned off the firewall, then turned off the firewall on my computer, and checked them again. Same problem.

I have a static IP setup, my ports are forwarded & use that same static IP, and I have the firewall turned off, but it's still telling me that they're not open...can someone help me please! I'm lost as to what could be causing this!

Don't turn off the Firewall, just add the ports to Firewall configuration. Also remember that you need to forward it in both services (TCP - UDP)

Keep in mind you have to forward the ports to your own local ip adress assigned by your router, and the services must be running in order to be shown as "open". (something has to listen on the ports)

Alright, thanks for all the replies guys, really appreciate the help...I've had my ports open before on a different connection, but that was about 1 year ago now so I'm a bit rusty with this stuff.

Going to try out everything you guys said, I'll get back to you with my results!

Thank you!

Ok, so I tried to get them open but still not working.

- I turned my firewall back on & added the exceptions.
- I have TCP & UDP both forwarded
- I have Apache, Tibia, and my server running

I do not have MySQL running because my server is an XML server, so there's no need for it to be running.

- - - Updated - - -

Keep in mind you have to forward the ports to your own local ip adress assigned by your router, and the services must be running in order to be shown as "open". (something has to listen on the ports)

When you say your own local IP address assigned by your router, do you mean the ipv4 address? Like mine's "192.168.1.---".....but instead of having an IP assigned automatically by the router, I have a static IP set so that it won't be changing.

I used the static IP address I set for my computer ("192.168.1.---") for port forwarding.

I know you need to have a static IP or else every time your computer is shut off or disconnected, it may get reassigned a new IP address & you would have to go & forward the ports for that address...pretty sure that's the reason?

Last edited:
Back