• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Possible hosting capacity

Your Internet is great, 100/10. With dos/ddos protection you can basically protect a flood up to 100Mbit. Since it is easy to filter upload dedicated to the OT

With 3GB ram you can also run a huge RL map without any problems. But I won't argue that having 5GB might give you a little better performance. But this is something you most likely won't notice until you reach many players.

Processor is over rated. OT servers don't use any processor strengt in their server. If you have stable scripts, you can run a server with always less than 8% CPU usage with a 1 cored 1.6ghz processor. (With 100 active players online).

So processor pretty much don't matter. Only benefits you get from it is a faster map loading, dual core will improve the response if you separate your apache server and OT server in two different cores, and it will reduce lag from buggy script witch you should try to fix instead of trying to run over them.

Last edited:
@Znote

Didn't know that u could assign the proceses to separate cores :D
Thanks for the tip

Providing you need all other stuff than OTS anyway, some number of cores decreases the delay because OTS has it's (nearly) own core.

Your Internet is great, 100/10. With dos/ddos protection you can basically protect a flood up to 100Mbit. Since it is easy to filter upload dedicated to the OT

With 3GB ram you can also run a huge RL map without any problems. But I won't argue that having 5GB might give you a little better performance. But this is something you most likely won't notice until you reach many players.

Processor is over rated. OT servers don't use any processor strengt in their server. If you have stable scripts, you can run a server with always less than 8% CPU usage with a 1 cored 1.6ghz processor. (With 100 active players online).

So processor pretty much don't matter. Only benefits you get from it is a faster map loading, dual core will improve the response if you separate your apache server and OT server in two different cores, and it will reduce lag from buggy script witch you should try to fix instead of trying to run over them.

Oh yeah i forgot you could assign the cores! It's possible on windows server 2003? I'm using windows now cuz linux is giving me problems no-one can answer and no-one has the same problems :/

Back