• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Possible TFS bug with, idk what

whitevo

Feeling good, thats what I do.
Solutions
Reaction score
I was making a huge area spell for a monster and noticed that client doesn't show all the effects.
So tested few things and realized not only does it show magic effect it doesn't do damage to the position.
So i put up a testing ground, and counted some actions, to see if my script is faulty or who knows what else.

Nothing is wrong with code. It simply does not deal damage nor send magic effect Oo

Took some pictures to explain the situation:
awe4k7.jpg
142bygh.jpg
20ppi7b.jpg

What should happen is that all the poles take damage, but in some reason it skips the damage and doing the magic effect.
But when I count if the functions are even activated it does count them..
The reason why the values are 4 times higher are because the area is looped 4 trough 4 times.

Code:
local bubbleOutsideArea = {
    {n,  n,  n,  n,  8,  7,  6,  6,  6,  6,  6,  6,  7,  8,  n,  n,  n,  n},
    {n,  n,  n,  8,  7,  6,  5,  5,  5,  5,  5,  5,  6,  7,  8,  n,  n,  n},
    {n,  n,  8,  7,  6,  5,  4,  4,  4,  4,  4,  4,  5,  6,  7,  8,  n,  n},
    {n,  8,  7,  6,  5,  4,  3,  3,  3,  3,  3,  3,  4,  5,  6,  7,  8,  n},
    {8,  7,  6,  5,  4,  3,  2,  2,  2,  2,  2,  2,  3,  4,  5,  6,  7,  8},
    {7,  6,  5,  4,  3,  2,  1,  1,  1,  1,  1,  1,  2,  3,  4,  5,  6,  7},
    {6,  5,  4,  3,  2,  1,  1,  n,  n,  n,  1,  1,  2,  3,  3,  4,  5,  6},
    {6,  5,  4,  3,  2,  1,  n,  n,  n,  n,  n,  1,  2,  3,  3,  4,  5,  6},
    {6,  5,  4,  3,  2,  1,  n,  n,  0,  n,  n,  1,  2,  3,  3,  4,  5,  6},
    {6,  5,  4,  3,  2,  1,  n,  n,  n,  n,  n,  1,  2,  3,  3,  4,  5,  6},
    {6,  5,  4,  3,  2,  1,  1,  n,  n,  n,  1,  1,  2,  3,  3,  4,  5,  6},
    {7,  6,  5,  4,  3,  2,  1,  1,  1,  1,  1,  1,  2,  3,  4,  5,  6,  7},
    {8,  7,  6,  5,  4,  3,  2,  2,  2,  2,  2,  2,  3,  4,  5,  6,  7,  8},
    {n,  8,  7,  6,  5,  4,  3,  3,  3,  3,  3,  3,  4,  5,  6,  7,  8,  n},
    {n,  n,  8,  7,  6,  5,  4,  4,  4,  4,  4,  4,  5,  6,  7,  8,  n,  n},
    {n,  n,  n,  8,  7,  6,  5,  5,  5,  5,  5,  5,  6,  7,  8,  n,  n,  n},
    {n,  n,  n,  n,  8,  7,  6,  6,  6,  6,  6,  6,  7,  8,  n,  n,  n,  n},
}

it would be helpful to actually have the spell code to be able to check it out
If you want to reproduce the scenario.
Simply make magic effect to your entire screen and you will see similar results. Some magic effects wont be displayed.

There seems to be limit of how much thing there can go off at once on the screen.

im having no issue at all with
Code:
for x = p.x-7, p.x+7 do 
    for y = p.y-5, p.y+5, do 
        Position(x,y,7):sendMagicEffect(36) 
    end 
end
where p is my position, i see it on every square
however if i do it several times with diff effects, after maybe 125% of squares with effects than is on screen, they dont show, i dont see how you cant deal with that high effect cap though, just change how the spell uses effects : )

im having no issue at all with
Code:
for x = p.x-7, p.x+7 do
    for y = p.y-5, p.y+5, do
        Position(x,y,7):sendMagicEffect(36)
    end
end
where p is my position, i see it on every square
however if i do it several times with diff effects, after maybe 125% of squares with effects than is on screen, they dont show, i dont see how you cant deal with that high effect cap though, just change how the spell uses effects : )
yes currently to fix is to remove effects to position.. But thats not rly a fix..

There is no need to see the spell, the problem is not in the spell. It doesnt even need to be spell, like you notied, when making too much stuff happen at the same time, things will not be displayed executed on client.

I cant try now, but what you could also try is pass combat damage 1000 times 1 dam each with loop. Quite possible it doesn't work also.

Btw, use addEvent() because my spells execute on addEvent(func, 0, ...)

maybe it's a problem with the client and not the server, test it on a normal client and then on a otclient and see if there's a diffrence how the spell executes

Already tried t no difference. Monday will try the spell with otc and see if problem is woth client

maybe it's a problem with the client and not the server, test it on a normal client and then on a otclient and see if there's a diffrence how the spell executes
yep, there is no problems in OTC.
Although can not use otc yet for my server. Lot of features are not working as they should with it and otc lags as hell, so using it right now is not a good option.
But ok seems the problem is client.

yep, there is no problems in OTC.
Although can not use otc yet for my server. Lot of features are not working as they should with it and otc lags as hell, so using it right now is not a good option.
But ok seems the problem is client.

the array in client for effects is limited to 200 elements(for client 8.60 but i think its the same for others version)(it include distance, magic and textual effects) so i think this is the problem

Back