• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Post your opinions on botting

poopsiedoodle

Gibe moni plos
Reaction score
I agree with this guy on the botting issue:

16:32 Trippin Neva Fallen [6]: oh by the way to anybody who likes to bot
16:33 Trippin Neva Fallen [6]: when you see this characters name on your deathlist
16:33 Trippin Neva Fallen [6]: dont trip
16:33 Trippin Neva Fallen [6]: because I'll happily unjust who ever wants to come about it
16:33 Trippin Neva Fallen [6]: part of the game
16:34 Trippin Neva Fallen [6]: and to all breadwinners that wanna follow suite
16:34 Trippin Neva Fallen [6]: thats the way to eradicate the bot epidemic
16:34 Trippin Neva Fallen [6]: just show distaste to them as a whole
16:34 Trippin Neva Fallen [6]: reguardless of whos toes are steped on

Tibia could of put an end to botting long ago, the game has literally developed around botters for 5~ years. Well, I don't play Tibia because what's the fun of a game that just sucks time? There's next to nothing to do except run around in circles and attack stuff, because that's the path cip went down. I mean, I used to hate hardcore on botters but that's just a part of Tibia now.

Tibia could of put an end to botting long ago, the game has literally developed around botters for 5~ years. Well, I don't play Tibia because what's the fun of a game that just sucks time? There's next to nothing to do except run around in circles and attack stuff, because that's the path cip went down. I mean, I used to hate hardcore on botters but that's just a part of Tibia now.
that

My reply got deleted?... XD i just said cipsoft is bad at "what the players want" a.k.a sucky updates (new pvp), so i dont care if people bot anymore...

My reply got deleted?... XD i just said cipsoft is bad at "what the players want" a.k.a sucky updates (new pvp), so i dont care if people bot anymore...
You asked for a Crack to a bot, OtLand does not support cracks and thus your comment was deleted for that.

I don't like botters and I never have. I know there's a reason for why they do it and that's usually because they have better things to do e.g they're employed or they're literally just pissheads that need booze-money so they bot Tibia, sell gold/items for real money. It's not a bad way to make money from a game, they just lack the decency
to care that there are players who actually play the game and can't because of them. Botters are selfish, end of story.

Open tibia ruined tibia, not botters.
Couldn't agree more.
Open Tibia took players from Tibia. If Open Tibia shut down, I'm pretty sure everyone would go back to Tibia.

For players to leave from Tibia to Open-Tibia there had to be some attraction to draw them here, possible reasons could be
1. they thought there would be less botters
2. an easier leveling curve
3. custom features
4. possibility of faster and potentially bigger updates (depends if the OT hoster was willing)
5. lack of server availability (USA/GER hosted servers, how come there is nothing for Oceania, South America and so forth) I'm pretty sure that
in a thread on Tibia's forums CipSoft states that there is an "Australian hosted server" however I can't find it, if I could I would move their instantly.
I think CipSoft underestimate just how many players they actually have from the South Pacific.

So technically what has killed Tibia in my opinion is CipSofts unlikeliness of listening to what the community wants (to get rid of botters I think was listed one of the biggest wants in a poll asked by CipSoft) if CipSoft listened to their community and had taken some action sooner then perhaps a lot of the Tibian community would have stayed rather than drift away from the game entirely or to a point where they decided to come to Open-Tibia. I think that as Open-Tibia developers we are/were once part of the community aswell and I suppose we feel more connected with a player-base (if we have one) and thus possibly more likely to listen to player demands and suggestions.

Many left Tibia for Open Tibia, all above is either solved by cash or botting (not custom features though, but custom features isn't tibia, it's something else and most if not all custom servers have failed which proves my point, they want Tibia and not some slimy edit)

Meaning less income, meaning: they cant hire more people > they cant buy more servers, less updates and cant get rid of botters.

Ive been on OTS for around 4years now. Never used a single bot. There is no fun at all..

Open tibia ruined tibia, not botters.

I'm not saying that it didn't ruin tibia, I'm just asking what you guys think about botting :p
I really think that we could get rid of them if we did what the guy in the OP said.

what ever game you play, you will find botters. Idc who bot but lets take for an example world of warcraft
1. you pay for playing
2. then you bot, what is fun part if i pay for game that you don't enjoy?

I'm not saying that it didn't ruin tibia, I'm just asking what you guys think about botting :p
I really think that we could get rid of them if we did what the guy in the OP said.

Read my post above yours aswell. It's all about income. There's a bunch of botters on Tibia. If they were to ban all, they would have no income and Cipsoft would probably have to cut back shit loads and ddos would eat them alive because they cant afford shit at that stage and then ddos would kill the game if Cipsoft didn't already because of low cash. There's currently no way to fight all botters, they can delete a few every now and then.

@4Muki4 That's a horrible argument, it's because we dont enjoy certain parts of the game. I'm botting on wow right now. I've leveled around 8 chars to 80, 6 to 85 and 3 to 90 so far manually (all different chars). I wont do it again, fuck that shit.

Last edited:
Many of my friends are using the bot for auto mana shield, hastes and those things but i hate those 24/7 botters which become op if you dont kill them every 5 minute

Bot's defeat the purpose of Tibia, or any game for that matter. I also switched from RL Tibia to open tibia for the main purpose that you are able to create your own OT, and play what others have made. But since 90% of the servers currently online are a download-and-run server I have found myself playing less frequently. But I tried a bot once or twice, I didn't like it one bit, I hated not having the ability to control what the character was doing. So overall if all of the bots were eradicated how many here would rage, and quit Tibia? If you are one of the people that would do so, why the hell do you play with a bot? To survive longer? To make money? You do realize that this was a game that was MEANT to be enjoyed not some game where you click a button and sell the character.

Bot's defeat the purpose of Tibia, or any game for that matter. I also switched from RL Tibia to open tibia for the main purpose that you are able to create your own OT, and play what others have made. But since 90% of the servers currently online are a download-and-run server I have found myself playing less frequently. But I tried a bot once or twice, I didn't like it one bit, I hated not having the ability to control what the character was doing. So overall if all of the bots were eradicated how many here would rage, and quit Tibia? If you are one of the people that would do so, why the hell do you play with a bot? To survive longer? To make money? You do realize that this was a game that was MEANT to be enjoyed not some game where you click a button and sell the character.

Did you miss my post?

it's because we dont enjoy certain parts of the game

and second, it does not, again, horrible argument, try again.

And what part's don't you like? The fact that it actually requires some grind to get some accomplishment out of leveling, or getting a rare item? People such as yourself are lazy and take the easy route, and in turn aren't satisfied with something a manual player would get. So, North, just because you don't 'enjoy' a certain part of the a game you have to have a machine do it for you?

I mean, I don't enjoy lots of parts in rl tibia, but I don't bot through them. I do them myself. There's the issue of laziness, as Dark199 stated above. If you don't enjoy something, either don't do it, or, if you have to, suck it up and do it yourself.

And what part's don't you like? The fact that it actually requires some grind to get some accomplishment out of leveling, or getting a rare item? People such as yourself are lazy and take the easy route, and in turn aren't satisfied with something a manual player would get. So, North, just because you don't 'enjoy' a certain part of the a game you have to have a machine do it for you?
^ that

Back