• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Post your server specs :0

Gut

Collapser Zulu Creator
Reaction score
I couldn't find a thread dedicated to just server specs so I made one :eek:

My server specs:

-Hardware-
(2x) Intel Quad Core 2.33 GHz Processors [Total of 8 Cores]
(6x) 4 GB 667 MHz ECC Registered RAM [Total of 24 GB]
(1x) SuperMicro Server Motherboard [Onboard Video, Ethernet, ect]
(1x) 850 Watt PSU [Not much to say here]
(1x) 150GB 10,000 RPM Velociraptor Hard Drive [For the OS]
(1x) 74GB 10,000 RPG Raptor Hard Drive [For the Page file & Backups]
(1x) XG Dragon ATX Case [About 6x 80mm fans installed for max cooling]
(1x) PCI Slot fan [Bottom of the case ventilation]
(1x) LITE-ON DVD/RW Drive [Not much to say here either]

-Software-
Ubuntu 9.04 as the Operating System
Heavily modified variant of TFS 0.2 as my binary

#up LOL. Why you need 24GB RAM? Gimme some :(

Dell PowerEdge 1800 - 800 FSB
2x Intel Xeon 2.8GHz
2x Fujitsu 73GB HDD SCSI Ultra320 - 10K RPM
2x 1GB DDR2 400 RAM

I leave my server on for like 4 days at a time :p and i'm going to be hosting 2 servers from the same machine soon xD

Amd Phenom x4 Quad-core processor 2.8ghz (x2) with 2gb ram (x4) 500gb hard-drive

Rating : 2.2
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R)D CPU 3.40GHz 3.39 GHz
Memory(Ram): 2.00 GB

System type: 64-bit Operating system
NVIDIA 6200 LE
Hard driver 200gB

damn, 24 GM RAM? that's crazy, how do you manage to set them up?? there can be like 4 cards on one computer.. or Am I wrong?

Depends on the motherboard. The one I have has 6 DIMM slots. There are other server motherboards out there that have even more than that.

$2,200~ including shipping. I used some of the parts from my previous server so I saved some money (The hard drives were from my 8 GB server).

24gb is crazy. You don't need that much for ot hosting. But always good to have. =)

@ UP

That's what I thought when I bought my 8 GB server but my server ends up using 8 GB after 3 days of being online... And if I have 2 servers there would be even more. But I do use the server for other things than just OT hosting :)

@ UP

That's what I thought when I bought my 8 GB server but my server ends up using 8 GB after 3 days of being online... And if I have 2 servers there would be even more. But I do use the server for other things than just OT hosting :)

yeah some pr0n torrents :eek:!

CS:S most likley or whatever FPS I am interested in at the time :p

Back