• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Post your system specs and chat about them.

What do you game with?

• Laptop/Notebook

Votes: 32 29.4%
  • Desktop

Votes: 82 75.2%

• Total voters
How does people live without SSD drives o.o?

Good question. I think it's just the fact that most average people aren't even aware of what an SSD is, let alone the benefits of having one. They're also quite expensive.

Hopefully, one day, SSD's will be the traditional storage device in computers.

I don't have one, never had one.
Although, my birthday is coming up in 16 days, it's definitely on my wishlist.

The reason why I don't have one is because I never really knew anything about it (I'm not a computer hardware guy, just software), and when I recently did, I don't have the extra money to spare for one.

Good question. I think it's just the fact that most average people aren't even aware of what an SSD is, let alone the benefits of having one. They're also quite expensive.

Hopefully, one day, SSD's will be the traditional storage device in computers.

Then they dont know how a computer works. and waste a lot of performence for nothing

If you use a i7 with massive Graphic card and shit and use a shitty 7200 Rpm disk then you will never get 100% out of your computer

It's such a huge difference between a HDD and SDD it is worth the extra cost for one even on cheaper laptops/dekstops.

I have a Ping flower laptop that i lent out to a girl friend of mine which is the slowest ass computer in the world.
Though in a 32GB SSD (Cheap) and pang it was 100% usable again as a surf/chat computer.

Then they dont know how a computer works. and waste a lot of performence for nothing

If you use a i7 with massive Graphic card and shit and use a shitty 7200 Rpm disk then you will never get 100% out of your computer

It's such a huge difference between a HDD and SDD it is worth the extra cost for one even on cheaper laptops/dekstops.

I have a Ping flower laptop that i lent out to a girl friend of mine which is the slowest ass computer in the world.
Though in a 32GB SSD (Cheap) and pang it was 100% usable again as a surf/chat computer.

You don't have to sell me on the idea of getting an SSD, I've got one myself. :D

I'm just saying: most consumers are going into a store and buying some crap $600 laptop or desktop without any knowledge of SSD's whatsoever. And the staff at the store will not mention it because they want the customer to buy the product for commission on their end. Ergo, my original statement that people simply 'don't know' enough about them is probably why people go without an SSD. And maybe some people see it as more of a convenience rather than a necessity.

In my opinion: once you go SSD, you never go back. ^_^

Last edited:
You don't have to sell me on the idea of getting an SSD, I've got one myself. :D

I'm just saying: most consumers are going into a store and buying some crap $600 laptop or desktop without any knowledge of SSD's whatsoever. And the staff at the store will not mention it because they want the customer to buy the product for commission on their end. Ergo, my original though that people simply 'don't know' enough about them is probably why people go without an SSD. And maybe some people see it as more of a convenience rather than a necessity.

In my opinion: once you go SSD, you never go back. ^_^

Then now i have 2 goals in my life.

1st: Get everyone to stop saying "itens" instead of "items".

2nd: Get everyone to buy an SSD.

1 noob at the time!

I don't know how did I live with a normal HDD 2 months ago, it took like 4 mins to completely boot and start up all the programs, now with a SSD it takes no where from 20 seconds.

And it's completely worth every cent I spent.

Also I believe anyone with a normal HDD won't get 7.7 in the primary hard disk.
H26B-Z.png

Last edited:
I bought my first SSD in 2010 for crazy prize, it was only 60GB so i only installed my OS on it.

Like a year ago i bought 120GB SSD for my laptop for a lot lower price, AWESOME PERFORMANCE i must say :p Had to replace my optical DVD drive with 500GB HDD to store my stuff and OS and some programs like Photoshop are running SSD.

ssd.png

I think SSD is one of the best things i ever had in my pc, boot time only takes like 7-15 sec :)
And it does not sound anything too compared to some HHDs

CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k
GPU: Nvdia GTX 770 4GB GDDR5
RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 MHz
MOBO: ASUS Sabertooth Z77
SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB

Keyboard: CM Storm Quickfire Rapid
Mouse: CM Storm Spawn

Thats all.

2013-08-16 10.57.32.jpgweispeccy.jpg

Last edited:
Guess i should post mine aswell ^_^, Built this a year ago during that time i hade to change my motherboard due a short circuit and changed my graphic card since it went into flames pretty much!

CPU: I7 3930K OC 4,7 GHZ
Mobo: Asus P9X79PRO
GPU: 2x Asus GTX 660 TI SLI
PSU: Cooler Master 1050W 80+ Gold
RAM: 32 GB
SSD: 40 GB Corsair, 120 GB Intel 550/530, 120 GB Corsair 560/535 and some random 2 TB storage drive
CPU Cooling: Corsair H100 (The newer version came out like 1 month after i bought it...)

Playing all games on Ultra with no hazzle!

Also using a 3 screen setup: LG 29' Ultra Widescreen, BenQ 27' GW2750 and a Samsung 24' S24B370

My laptop

CPU: Intel Core i7 - 3630 QM, 2.4 GHz(up to 3.4 GHz)
GPU: Geforce GT 650m / Intel HD Graphics 4000
RAM: 6GB DDR3 1600 MHz
HDD: 750GB
Display: 15.6" Full HD (1920x1080)

dno if I should add SSD
oE6xpn.png

Peripherals:
Keyboard: Steelseries Apex (US)
Mouse: Razer Abyssus

Components:
Case: Thermaltake V3 Black CASE W/500W&USB3
Motherboard: Asus M5A97 R2.0 AMD 970 ATX SB950 Socket AM3+ DDR3-2133 RAID USB3.0 SATA3 CrossfireX
RAM: Corsair 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866MHz CL9 Unbuffered DIMM Memory For AMD, Intel Dual Channel DDR3, And Upcoming 2nd Generation Intel Core? Platforms.
CPU: AMD FX-8320 New Vishera Eight-Core AM3+ CPU , 3.5Ghz ( Turbo Speeds Of Up To 4.0Ghz) , 125 Watts
GPU: Sapphire HD7770 GHZ EDITION 1G GDDR5 PCI-E Video Card , 128Bit ,1000MHz / 1125MHz HDMI + DVI-I +
HDD: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 7200RPM 16MB SATA3

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 DUO CPU E6550 @ 2.33GHz 2.33GHz
GPU: nVidia Geforce 660 GTX
RAM: 4 GB
HDD: 70GB (OHMAN I NEED TO UPGRADE THIS)
32-bit OS windows 7 - Needs upgrading too

Laptop:

Monitor: 2880x1800 native resolution
CPU:2.3GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor (Turbo Boost up to 3.3GHz) with 6MB L3 cache
RAM: 16GB of 1600MHz DDR3
Disk: 256GB Intel SSD
GPUs:
Intel HD Graphics 4000
and
NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M with 1GB of GDDR5 (depends what i am doing)

Desktop:

Monitors: 2x full hd 22" monitors
CPU: INTEL CORE I5 760 2.80GHZ
RAM: 16GB of 1333MHz DDR3 RAM
Motherboard: ASUS P7P55D DELUXE P55 S-1156 ATX
OS Disk: 120GB Vertex 2 SSD
GPU: ASUS GEFORCE GTX 570
Speakers: LOGITECH Z-906 5.1

Just upgraded my Desktop PC abit ;)

ASUS RAMPAGE IV EXTREME X79 S-2011
INTEL CORE I7 3820 3.6GHZ 10MB S-2011
Corsair 32GB DDR3 (Just added 16 more)