• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Pretty much lost

tehot

Reaction score
Hello,
I'm a newbie, and I'm trying to set up an ot server for the first time.

I don't want to sound like I want to get everything chewed up, but I've actually spent many hours following tutorials and trying things.

There are many different guides/servers in this forum, but I just don't know which to follow/download.
What I'd like to ask (and would really make my day) is:
A link to a reasonably bugless 8.6 distro.
A link to an OT server tutorial that will work with that distro.
A link to an 8.6 AAC that will work with that distro.
A link to an ACC tutorial that will work with that distro and that AAC.

That's it, thank you.

/* The rest of the post is pretty much just me rambling */
Also, I'm surprised by how thought it's being to get into the world of OT servers.
The problem might be that tutorials just give you instructions and don't dig deep into the concepts. Thus, since you don't know what you're doing, as soon as you run into a problem or a different scenary, you don't know how to proceed.
After several hours roaming this forum, I'm just starting to understand the difference and connection of concepts such as distro, datapack, database or AAC...
That is, the problem is that I don't even know what I need to know. That's why I wonder, am I missing something? Or everyone who wanted to get into this world went through this? Because being so lost is making me feel dumb...
Is there any recommended reading to help getting started? It could be anything from a forum post to a book, I'm willing to go get it at a library and read it if necessary.

Regards,
Ars

Let's try this one. Thanks

Edit: I've run into an issue. When I start UniServer, at first it works, but it shuts down after 4-5 seconds.
UniS status.JPG
Left: "Server Status" window right after I click "Start UniServer (Apache MySQL)".
Right: "Server Status" window 4-5 seconds after.

localhost change.JPG
Left: localhost/apanel/ right after I click "Start UniServer (Apache MySQL)".
Right: localhost/apanel/ 4-5 seconds after.

I'm using Windows XP and firewall is shut down.

Edit: it's not happening anymore. I didn't change anything, though.
I'll move on

Last edited:
Back