• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Selling Price-check: OTFans.net / OpenTibia.net Domains

STiX

Intermediate OT User
Reaction score
I have a new project in the works, but I have no need for both domains. I'm considering selling one of the two.

Please offer your legitimate appraisals and preliminary offers here.

In the event I do choose to sell, who I sell to will not purely be chosen by the highest bidder but I'll also weight it against the users prominence in the OT community and their planned project to be associated with the domain.

Please specify the domain you are appraising.

Last edited:
I would seriously consider looking into purchasing Otfans.net for a couple of reasons.

1. I used that forum on a daily basis ever since I think it was around (2006) and have learned most of my talent from that forum right up until it was reset, and it would be more than an honor to bring it back to how it once was.
2. It would be a great community base for my up-coming project.

I am confident myself and my team could handle the running and maintaining of the site.

I have no idea what the domain would be worth however I will open up at £500.00 (GBP)

I would seriously consider looking into purchasing Otfans.net for a couple of reasons.

1. I used that forum on a daily basis ever since I think it was around (2006) and have learned most of my talent from that forum right up until it was reset, and it would be more than an honor to bring it back to how it once was.

I am confident myself and my team could handle the running and maintaining of the site.

I have no idea what the domain would be worth however I will open up at £500.00 (GBP)

I'd suggest lowering your price to around 300.

Now this is one of the most interesting things I've seen being "auctioned" on the Marketplace.
Back three years ago I would have offered you some ridiculous number. But now I'm aware that my intentions and possibilities would likely be squandered if I spent a large sum on either domain.

If I were to own OpenTibia.net (and this is my advice to anyone if they purchase it) - don't make another community. We want to centralize Open Tibia community to one place (OtLand). Make it a clean website with clear, visible, and up-to-date links to resources. Such as released versions of TFS, RME, Tibia clients, and server lists. I understand we have a download board here, but even if I set up my work station on a fresh computer, it's tiresome to remember URLs / go to multiple threads / find exactly what I need.

I'd be interested in speaking with you if you're interested in hearing more. I can't offer a lot, but I'd be straight-forward and honest with you about everything that I would do with it.

I know you don't know me, but if you don't like my idea for that domain or if you're just interested in a buck, best of luck selling both of them.
Red

PS. Interested in OpenTibia.net - I couldn't do any sort of justice for otfans.net. That's just honesty.

Last edited:
Just leave them to redrict to otland.net :)

otfans.net redirects to otland? wtf:eek:
My end of day goal is to suppport the OpenTibia community. Of the remaining sites, I feel OTLand is the best representation and the premier community hub, so I'm putting my support behind it by what little means I can afford time-wise at present.

I hope this answers your statement, and I'll respond to everyone's valid questions and queries today when I get home. Thanks so far to the people putting out their ideas as well, helps put my mind at ease in the event I sell.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll seriously consider that offer.
Personally, I'm more inclined to work with the OpenTibia.net domain myself to remove the stigmas that might be left behind with OTFans.net.

My current offer for OTFans.net is ~US$750, so we're looking pretty close.
But their plan is to use it for a singular or small group of game servers - not necessarily something as community-wide as you have planned.

I'm reachable on Skype @ STiX092, PM or e-mail to [email protected] if you'd like to go through further discussions with me about this.

Now this is one of the most interesting things I've seen being "auctioned" on the Marketplace.
Back three years ago I would have offered you some ridiculous number. But now I'm aware that my intentions and possibilities would likely be squandered if I spent a large sum on either domain.

If I were to own OpenTibia.net (and this is my advice to anyone if they purchase it) - don't make another community. We want to centralize Open Tibia community to one place (OtLand). Make it a clean website with clear, visible, and up-to-date links to resources. Such as released versions of TFS, RME, Tibia clients, and server lists. I understand we have a download board here, but even if I set up my work station on a fresh computer, it's tiresome to remember URLs / go to multiple threads / find exactly what I need.

I'd be interested in speaking with you if you're interested in hearing more. I can't offer a lot, but I'd be straight-forward and honest with you about everything that I would do with it.

I know you don't know me, but if you don't like my idea for that domain or if you're just interested in a buck, best of luck selling both of them.
Red

PS. Interested in OpenTibia.net - I couldn't do any sort of justice for otfans.net. That's just honesty.
I have a reasonable plan for OpenTibia.net that looks like it might be very much similar to what you have suggested. Whether or not I sell, I'm not sure yet - but if my plan is to go ahead, I'd like to have like-minded people behind it. If you want to discuss about my project, your suggestions or converse about the potential sale of the domain to yourself, please reach out to me.

I'm reachable on Skype @ STiX092, PM or e-mail to [email protected] if you'd like to go through further discussions with me about this.

Last edited:
sad to see otfans go, been there since 2005 or 2006 as well. how have you been stix? sorry to be off topic

I think open tibia.net should be sold to Red, I think he has more potential than you do. Sorry to say. No offense.

I've been well Grehy, feel free to PM me.
Three Magic, Red is more than welcome to place an offer on the table.

stix chasin dat paper

tip to anyone:

dont attempt to make a forum, if you want to make a resource website for ot, be assured your site will turn into garbage 10x worse than otland within a couple months.... do some wiki-like shit or any other system

soz for offtopic - what happened to OTFans anyway? Is there any possible way to look at the old threads?

I've been idle to the ot community for some time..

I've got an SQL dump stored for archival reasons, but I'm yet to find an efficient way to throw it online as a resource without having to manually hide private content.

No set price.
Make an offer and share your intentions for the address.

(you're welcome to do so via PM)

Back