• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Priest's Mapping Showoff

Well, aparently it is a nice piece of map, but I would like to see it on the map editor, without in-game zoom. I also would like to see more geometric walls on the caves. In the 1st pic there is debris without borders.

Have a good day!
Thanks For your concern . Here are some map editor screenshots
I4552D5.png

TNWc9Zl.png

tJXT1du.png

4hMGxyC.png

SriTu2o.png

O0roADY.png

Thats it,There are more floors im working on .Sadly im not goin to release all of my maps just some spots that i actually worked hard on ;)

maybe this cave would support a respaw of cults, I did not much like medusaes in it.
Its not goin to be medusas i just made it like that so some animations appear ,im planning to use spirites in the project im workin on so i havent decided yet which monster we adding to our maps i just make awesome pieces and leave it till im done from my project's world also we decided that the map gonna be 50 megabytes or so and that is considered big size for a project map all alone so its gonna take time and effort hopefully that will bring us players that actually play the game cuz they like it and appreciate the big effort to make that all alone ,

I wouldn't make that underground ruins so irregular (screens 2-3-4). If you want bigger rooms just draw a clear shape for the ruins and add broken walls (you did this in screen 4) that open the space into the cave. Also I would add more stone floor to the ruins and put dirt patches over them (screen 1), not just dirt all over the place.

Its not goin to be medusas i just made it like that so some animations appear ,im planning to use spirites in the project im workin on so i havent decided yet which monster we adding to our maps i just make awesome pieces and leave it till im done from my project's world also we decided that the map gonna be 50 megabytes or so and that is considered big size for a project map all alone so its gonna take time and effort hopefully that will bring us players that actually play the game cuz they like it and appreciate the big effort to make that all alone ,

I know how challenging it is to make great map projects, especially when we are alone in the mission. the project that I hope to achieve would be around 70mb I think, if I conclude the entire current project one day ..
ynqzeHo.png

currently, following the leveling standard that I intend to use on my server, I would have content for a few years of updates .. it would not take even 30% of all this shape to launch the game and keep it with content for over a year .
what I mean by that is that it is gratifying for us, mappers, to see the big and beautiful map, but not always a huge map is needed for the launch and maintenance of the game in the short / medium term, and the delay in the execution of the project may end up by too late launching the server and, with this, bring problems such as dismay to developers.

ps: Those pieces of grass ending in a large square-shaped line will not look that way (obvious). places that end in a large straight area only mean that they have not yet been drawn, which means that if I ever get to that point on the map, it will still be expanded.

Bump. It's really deperessing that there is 1k views and only 10 or so replied :) ,I need motivation o_O:rolleyes:

Bump. It's really deperessing that there is 1k views and only 10 or so replied :) ,I need motivation o_O:rolleyes:
If you need OTland motivation to finish your project, you'll never finish your project, this is something very common I see here, many will post their grand ideas, that they seemed inspired by, but can only remain inspired if everyday someone says "OMG THIS IS AMAZING CANT WAIT".

Instead, motivate yourself, and once you release it, if you did a good job, the "Omg this is amazing cant wait" will become "This project is amazing, i'm having so much fun" and eventually people talking about the memories/friendships they have made over the years on the content YOU created.

It's very rewarding, even rewarding enough to deal with all the people who will say mean things.

Create an Custom evo City 8.6 or some 7.4-7.6 intresting city, some custom spawn for any client, some custom tomb or quest, and share the map with community, so future OT's or exisitng will use it, if its good. For sure, youll get attention by that.

Hello Priest,
Nice work you got there as a beginner, you should definitely keep work with mapping. As time goes by you will become better and better so keep it up! If you need any advice or guidelines regarding mapping in general make sure to hint me up on Discord.

Your mate,
Dhavii

Feels familiar as Venore heroes cave as entrance tho :) Hope you like and give me ur honest opinion ,No hard feelings here ;) P.S i get dramatic alot :rolleyes:
ckpZxyg.png

H8HFHlF.png

tyBr9I4.png

K9jwYnf.png

aRSMXpR.png

ANNFcyZ.png

3rtI2TO.png

vLQkTOH.png

ixovKMV.png

kdJgaKD.png

QA5e9Nw.png

URLaE6u.png

bnNFep0.png

TfKkquc.png

hQdlFOG.png

TgRdpJy.png

qQKtv2C.png

HFZzo30.png

9GAs9Ai.png

ul0KSf4.png

That's it :D
Also if u wanna check my gallery in full piece :Imgur

I honestly preferred the cathedral with blood. this basement of bk seemed very clean and square, did not please me :(

Back