• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Problem adding animated items

Drakkhan

Illuria Project Lead
Reaction score
So I'm trying to create an exact replica of "small enchanted sapphires" (SID: 7759 CID: 675 in my 9.61 .dat/.otb), except use the diamond graphics and call it "small enchanted diamonds", BUT my client flips out and crashes when I call the item into my server. Is there some special trick to adding animated items? When I added this extra item (using existing graphics), I also added 15 non-animated items and they all work fine with my client.

I'm using the "Storms Sprite & Dat Editor":

http://otland.net/threads/9-6-storms-sprite-dat-editor.193540/

Here is the "small enchanted sapphire" as seen from Storms Editor:
upload_2013-10-6_4-45-32.png

The list of sprites alternates between sapphire sprites and the animation sprite, in my new item, I'm using the exact same settings and animation sprites as shown here, but replacing sapphire sprites with diamond ones.

Any ideas? I can't figure out why it wouldn't be working...

Regards!

Drakkhan

UPDATE: To add value to this thread for those who end up here via the search button:

My not so eloquent temporary solution to this problem was to sacrifice the "Dust of Lersatio" animated quest item (SID: 9635, CID: 8719 in my 9.61 .dat/.otb) that I'll never use.

I edited this already animated item to have the graphics/properties/name of my "small enchanted diamonds". This method of changing an already accepted animated item into the animated item I wanted worked fine.

If anyone has any thoughts on why new animated items don't seem to be working, please post!

Thanks!

Not trying to revive an old topic but seems this problem hasn't been solved yet, I'm still on it, working and trying to solve.

Any news about it i'll post here.

Hello, the same thing happens to me! I can not use animations, because my client crashed, but using spirtes without animation everything is going very well, does anyone know how to solve this?

Back