• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Solved Problem login character to server (FS 3.5)

brandnew

Reaction score
I have a problem regarding Forgottenserver 3.5. I have already opened ports 7171 and 7172 both PC and firewall.
I can login in the same computer, but when i login to my account from another computer, I get the character list, but then I click on character and tells me server disconnected.

I tried changing login ,admin and status ports to 7172 and game server to 7171, and the login server worked perfectly on both 7171 and 7172 but I can't login to gameserver no matter what port i set.

This is my config.lua:
Code:
worldId = 0
ip = "****.sytes.net" -- obviously i changed this
loginPort = 7171
gamePort = 7172
adminPort = 7171
statusPort = 7171
loginTries = 10
retryTimeout = 5 * 1000
loginTimeout = 60 * 1000
maxPlayers = "1000"
motd = "Bienvenido!"
displayOnOrOffAtCharlist = "no"
onePlayerOnlinePerAccount = "yes"
allowClones = 1
serverName = "Cybercity RPG"
loginMessage = "Bienvenido."
statusTimeout = 5 * 60 * 1000
replaceKickOnLogin = "yes"
forceSlowConnectionsToDisconnect = "no"
loginOnlyWithLoginServer = "no"

I would appreciate the help a lot.

Last edited:
Well even when you said that you opened those ports already, I bet that they are closed. go to any website that has a port scanner and verify it yourself. If you have noob ISP go call em because maybe they are blocking those ports (if your not noob and your sure that you opened them in your computer). If you have router verify it too.

yes im sure they are open. i used yougetsignal.com, which uses my actual global ip adress to test if my ports are open)
It also noted that canyouseeme.org shows me my local ip adress (192.168.182.x) instead of my actual global. :S

As I said (but maybe i didn't explain myself enough?), I did this tests from an external computer:
Loginserver 7171 Gameserver 7172
7171 I can see my character list.
7172 I cannot enter with my character ("disconnected from server")

Loginserver 7172 Gameserver 7171
7172 I can see my character list.
7171 I cannot enter with my character ("disconnected from server")

I already opened both TCP and UDP.
Still the same problem.
Im running this my LAN configuration:
Internet -> Modem -> Linux firewall,internet distributor -> Switch -> My computer

on
ip = "****.sytes.net" -- obviously i changed this

That's not the problem since with no-ip tool it's working properly as a domain aswell. It's something wrong with your firewall or your ports. I'm sure you configured them somehow wrong. Did you really. Check before Server running if the ports are opened and not. And obviously you have to check aswell the ports when you are running the exe.

Thanks for your support, I got it solved half the way now.
I had to edit the source code because it detected my other computer's ip adress as part of the same subnet of my Otserv host. This way it sent the LAN ipaddress of the server (192.168.182.x) instead of the global.

Back