• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Problem: Only clients with protocol 10.98 allowed

usualsuspect

Solutions
Reaction score
Hi guys, I am an old school Tibia player (started Nova and played a few later servers) who would like to set up an OT server for nostalgia PVE and PVPing with friends. I have followed your excellent ‘running your own OT server’ guide and after various problems was very pleased to successfully run TFS 1.2 server and create my first account and character. I then downloaded a cipsoft 7.4 client (from otservlist.org) and launched to 127.0.0.1 using the Otland IP changer. However, when I tried to log in I got the error message: "Only clients with protocol 10.98 allowed!" I'm guessing the version of TFS I'm using only works for 10.98 onwards.

Couple of questions:

1) Is there an earlier version of TFS I can download which is compatible with the cipsoft 7.4 client?

2) Or is there a 7.4 client out there which is compatible with TFS 1.2? (If possible I'd like to avoid compiling as my knowledge of coding is very basic)

Thanks in advance for any help :)

This one should work for 7.4
and if you wanna escape compiling you can use this one I compiled few days ago

Thanks Moustafa, really appreciate the swift reply... so does the Nostalrius master download replace TFS 1.2? And your compiled server replaces the 7.4 cipsoft client? Thanks again

Nostalrius is datapack, source files and my compile is the engine (TFS 1.2 for 7.4) I didn't provide any clients there, You can use OTClient or main cipsoft client or idk what they use nowadays for 7.4
You'll have to replace your database, data-pack and main TFS 1.2 with Nostalrius because the main ones are for 10.98 and will require a lot of work/edits in order to get them work for 7.4

Last edited:
thanks again, so will I need to retain some of the files from my existing TFS 1.2 folder? or does the combination of your compile and the nostalrius master run on its own? I'm assuming nostalrius.sql replaces schema.sql...

Yes just use nostalrius files, delete your 1.2 ones they are not made for 7.4, Add my compiled exe/dlls near data folder and edited your config.lua and impport nostalrius.sql to your phpmyadmin then you are ready to run the server.

thanks for your patient replies Moustafa, will try all that now. Can I use any version of Znote AAC or is there a specific one which is compatible with nostal?

thanks, going well so far, do you have a tips link? when editing the ZnoteAAC config.php i'm being asked to enter my 'correct TFS version' (see below): what should I write?

Available options: TFS_02, TFS_03, OTHIRE, TFS_10
// OTHire = OTHIRE
// TFS 0.2 = TFS_02
// TFS 0.3 = TFS_03 (If you are using 0.3.6, set $config['salt'] to false)!
// TFS 0.4 = TFS_03
// TFS 1.x = TFS_10 (Current under development version)

Try TFS_10 nostalrius is based on 1.2 so this has to work never tried it tho.
If it doesn't then you'll have to use MyAAC he included nostalrius compatibility since MyAAC 0.8.1 release I have seen it on a thread.

As much as I know what works for 7.7 works for 7.4 and 7.6 too and I have seen many threads of people using Nostalrius for 7.4
Not sure about monsters but sometimes it can be the tagging line or a space that does it.
I had to remove few tagging from my monsters.xml when I first used MyAAC

Back