• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Problem Ping ot

Friizee

Reaction score
Hi guns,

I have a problem,

how I can prevent pingeen ot me?

please help

thank you very much !

- - - Updated - - -

BUMP!

More information would be appreciated. Windows or Linux for instance?

Switch to Linux ;p

I really do not feel that this should be the go-to response for problems experienced in windows.
Switching to Linux is not an easy option for the average user.
Not to mention you say it as though switching to linux will automatically prevent people from "pinging" your server.
I put "pinging" in quotation marks because I assume he is referring to denial of service type attacks.

Some routers will allow you to block the 'ping' response as an outbound service.
You can also set up your windows firewall to stop it from sending a ping response.
Google searching the above should provide a few tutorials.

Furthermore, if it is an individual person 'pinging' your OT to cause it to lag, grab their IP either through your router logs (if you have them) or from when they log in to your server to boast about how great they are and ask for free stuff (the usual outcome)
You should be able to set up an individual outbound IP block for them, then they wont be able to do anything from that IP anymore.

Back