• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Problem when installing Windows XP

Reaction score
Hello people!

I have a problem with my computer and I don't know how to fix it...
The thing is that I cannot install Windows XP on my commputer but I can install Windows Vista and Windows 7, but my computer is not good enough for Vista and Windows 7, I don't like it. Before I did not have this problem but from nowhere this happend...

When I run a Windows XP installation CD everything goes well untill I got to choose between some options, if I want to "Install Windows", "Repair Windows" or something else...I dont really remember..
Now it doesn't matter which one I choose I still get the same error message.
It says that I don't have a harddive plugged in etc...And then the computer is shutting down :S

But I can install both Vista and Windows 7.

Does someone know what the problem is or do I have to buy a new HDD (Harddrive)?

And I ask this here because I cannot play Tibia on Vista/7, I get Tibia (Not responding) all the time...With XP I can play :/

Sorry for my bad English :/

Last edited:
Hello people!

The thing is that I cannot install Windows XP on my commputer but I can install Windows Vista and Windows 7, but my computer is not good enough for Vista and Windows 7, I don't like it. Before I did not have this problem but from nowhere this happend...

When I run a Windows XP installation CD everything goes well untill I got to choose between some options, if I want to "Install Windows", "Repair Windows" or something else...I dont really remember..
It says that I don't have a harddive plugged in etc...And then the computer is shutting down :S

Does someone know what the problem is or do I have to buy a new HDD (Harddrive)?

This has nothing to do with Open Tibia.
Remember that you are here now: OTland/OpenTibia/Support

Hello people!

And I ask this here because I cannot play Tibia on Vista/7, I get Tibia (Not responding) all the time...With XP I can play :/

i think we have the same problem i can install everything Linux/Windows 7/Vista) there is only 1 XP i can install and that's WindowsXP Swe Gamers Pro Edition 1.3 But it's in swedish if you want it in US Version just seach it in TorrentEngine!

Khanio,

Last edited:
Hi.

Have You try format? Does BIOS see your HDD?

You can also boot-disk winxp installation choose repair then type;

CHKDSK <disk>: /r
eg.
CHKDSK C: /r

EDIT:
Download WinPe (WinPE x - x= version of your OS. e.g. If u have win xp u have to download WinPE 1 - numbers of versions - here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Preinstallation_Environment)
Then You have fix your disk, makeing backups etc. It's very powerful tool.

Last edited:
Hi.

Have You try format? Does BIOS see your HDD?

You can also boot-disk winxp installation choose repair then type;

CHKDSK <disk>: /r
eg.
CHKDSK C: /r

EDIT:
Download WinPe (WinPE x - x= version of your OS. e.g. If u have win xp u have to download WinPE 1 - numbers of versions - here: Windows Preinstallation Environment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
Then You have fix your disk, makeing backups etc. It's very powerful tool.

I think my BIOS can read/see my harddrive because I can install other OS's. And the other thinks you talked about, I didn't really anderstand what you mean. :confused::huh:

Okay i use NTFS i think we realy have the same problem xD i recently tried to install Windows Server 2003 & it didnt work but then i tried to install it on my other computer and that worked :eek: i get sumthin like "Windows shutdown to prevent damage on your hardrive blabla" :/

Putt your Sata driver on a diskett :p
put into computer
when running windows setup in the beginning press F6
follow instructions

First metod:

Step 1: Put XP Installation (bootable) CD to CD-ROM
Step 2: Go to bios > Set CDROM as first of booting things (second floppy/hdd).
Step 3: When u apply changes Your PC should reboot. Then:

ions, if I want to "Install Windows", "Repair Windows" or something else...I dont really remember..

Choose "Repair Windows".

Then U should see something what looks like "CMD, DOS, MS-DOS"
Type:

format - to format partitions
fdisk[optional] - to make, change partitions (fdisk - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

format c:

IF!

If XP Bootcd won't start, work. Try with boot from floppydisk.
Boot disks: Bootdisk.Com

Useful sites:
How do I format a NTFS
http://www.petri.co.il/install_windows_xp_pro.htm

Go into BIOS and change your SATA mode to IDE instead of AHCI.

Back