• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.X+ Problem with lagged creatures and summons

soviec

Reaction score
Hello, everyone.

I'm facing some issues while working on a custom map 8.60 project that uses TFS 1.3.

The issue is related to the way creatures behave. Right now I'm localy hosting the server to do some map fixes, wich means a I have zero ping. However, it seems that every creature in the server are moving with a huge delay/lag. For exemple, I managed to outrun a black knight with a level 30 sorcerer. It's impossible to use summons too, because they also move with this annoying delay.

I'm posting some gifs to exemplify better the situation, hoping that someone can help me.

Thanks in advance, guys!

It's a known issue, with no really good fix as of yet.

If you don't mind the extra/high cpu usage you can implement this fix to make the monsters react faster

If I alter the creature.cpp file I must compile the server again in order to make it work? Asking because I can't compile the server again ahahah

Is this problem also noted in other bases like OTX?

Thanks a lot for the help, bro!

If I alter the creature.cpp file I must compile the server again in order to make it work? Asking because I can't compile the server again ahahah

Is this problem also noted in other bases like OTX?

Thanks a lot for the help, bro!
Yes, would require a recompile.

I'm unsure of other distributions.

I would try to recompile server with algo nr 3 from Gesior's testing:

It increases CPU usage compared to default, but might be worth it. It seems to be pretty optimized considering the benefits.

Back