• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Solved problems compiling

izaakbuwalda

Reaction score
i have spend 19 hours in the last 2 days trying to compile a server , ive tried so much diffrent ways but i really can not get it work. every error in a program that i fix creates a new error , ive tried vcpkg , cmake , visual studio , browsing google , forums , asking chatgpt , ive installed tools and libraries but im really cleuless to how i can compile a server myself , ive followed more then 30 tutorials , downloaded over 50 diffrent ot servers , tired visual studio 2017 , 2015 , 2022 , tried 32bit 64 bit , diffrent boost versions . i relally would like to be able to compile a server myself. im on a win 10 computer

all the visual studio projects have errors , i havent downloaded a clean one yet , sofar there is only one project i can compile now , but when i compile i can read so much bad msges and when it compiles it insta crashes.
i was really hoping to make a clean 8.6 server but i really cant find a server i can compile , dous anyone have a clean 8.6 i would really aprpreciate it , and please "if and before you post "open it in visual studio and see if it has no warnings and errors :D , muy gracias , much apreciated.

Last edited:
i have spend 19 hours in the last 2 days trying to compile a server , ive tried so much diffrent ways but i really can not get it work. every error in a program that i fix creates a new error , ive tried vcpkg , cmake , visual studio , browsing google , forums , asking chatgpt , ive installed tools and libraries but im really cleuless to how i can compile a server myself , ive followed more then 30 tutorials , downloaded over 50 diffrent ot servers , tired visual studio 2017 , 2015 , 2022 , tried 32bit 64 bit , diffrent boost versions . i relally would like to be able to compile a server myself. im on a win 10 computer

all the visual studio projects have errors , i havent downloaded a clean one yet , sofar there is only one project i can compile now , but when i compile i can read so much bad msges and when it compiles it insta crashes.
i was really hoping to make a clean 8.6 server but i really cant find a server i can compile , dous anyone have a clean 8.6 i would really aprpreciate it , and please "if and before you post "open it in visual studio and see if it has no warnings and errors :D , muy gracias , much apreciated.
Data clear
Code:
https://github.com/nekiro/TFS-1.5-Downgrades/tree/8.60
Compilling
Code:
https://github.com/otland/forgottenserver/wiki/Compiling-on-Windows-%28vcpkg%29

that solved my problem , thank you so much , im super happy , you really made my day :) ,
Post automatically merged:

one other small question , after i compile it how do i run it? , i havent been at this point before haha , i created the. exe file but it dissapears when i click on it , even when i add the data folder with the dlls included

that solved my problem , thank you so much , im super happy , you really made my day :) ,
Post automatically merged:

one other small question , after i compile it how do i run it? , i havent been at this point before haha , i created the. exe file but it dissapears when i click on it , even when i add the data folder with the dlls included
if it "disappears", means there is an error.

create .txt in block notes
Lua:
@echo  Restarter
@echo  By: xxxxxxxx
:DEMON
@"theforgottenserver-x64.exe"
@echo Restarting. . .
goto DEMON
:exit
@pause
save with restarter.bat in server folder

see what the problem is and fix
I'm sure you didn't edit the database name and password

Note: copy .exe and dll from vc17\x64\Release and paste in your folder
1685372868797.png

this server that i compiled dous not let me log in to it , the schema file is maybe not working correctly , or the server dousnt read the file , because i have an old server where i can login to but the one i have compiled i cant , is there a solution tho this problem?
Data clear
Code:
https://github.com/nekiro/TFS-1.5-Downgrades/tree/8.60
Compilling
Code:
https://github.com/otland/forgottenserver/wiki/Compiling-on-Windows-%28vcpkg%29

this server that i compiled dous not let me log in to it , the schema file is maybe not working correctly , or the server dousnt read the file , because i have an old server where i can login to but the one i have compiled i cant , is there a solution tho this problem?
Everything on that server is working, many people use this base as a project start, I never had any problems either.

• ACC

I use Myacc = ->
Others admin use gestor acc ->

just in case
  • Client:
CipSoft
Otcv8
Mehah

Back