• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTClient Problems regarding packages to compile OTC

lukatxd

Solutions
Reaction score
Hi everyone, so far I've had issues with the lua.h -> luajit/lua.h stuff which took me SOME time of research because changing to luajit was not enough... the vcpkg and VS2019 were using a different lua file that had a different version.

BUT NOW, the problem is with PHYSFS.H and zlib1.lib ... I've already tried a clean vcpkg installation, downloaded everything again and again...

1611761224778.png

1611761244507.png

Solution
I'm a complete noob when it comes to compiling.. but these are the libs I used

Code:
./vcpkg install boost-iostreams:x64-windows boost-asio:x64-windows boost-system:x64-windows boost-variant:x64-windows boost-lockfree:x64-windows luajit:x64-windows glew:x64-windows boost-filesystem:x64-windows boost-uuid:x64-windows physfs:x64-windows openal-soft:x64-windows libogg:x64-windows libvorbis:x64-windows zlib:x64-windows opengl:x64-windows
You compiled otc in x64? Compile 32.

Code:
./vcpkg install boost-iostreams:x64-windows boost-asio:x64-windows boost-system:x64-windows boost-variant:x64-windows boost-lockfree:x64-windows luajit:x64-windows glew:x64-windows boost-filesystem:x64-windows boost-uuid:x64-windows physfs:x64-windows openal-soft:x64-windows libogg:x64-windows libvorbis:x64-windows zlib:x64-windows opengl:x64-windows

Code:

Solution
because you don't need it on client. Also its not backwards compatible with win32 while win32 is with x64
I'm truly dumb in this area.
The only thing I know is the main difference between the 2 versions, is how much ram they can use, right?

So as far as my monkey brain can tell, is that more ram = better / more stable, and basically no way for fps to drop from lack of resources.

I don't see any downsides to using the 64 bit version, aside from possibly using a bit more ram.

--
But alas, this is an area I have literally no knowledge, so please help this monkey understand what it's doing wrong.

This worked fine! THANK YOU!
downloaded all the x32 dependencies and compiled with no problems.
Post automatically merged:

eeh.. it compiled, but how do I go from here?
1611767835834.png

Last edited:

View attachment 54248
This confused me as well.
Some weird magic happens in the main folder otclient-master and you can now run the client.

View attachment 54248
The output directory for otc is not the release directory, but the root directory, parent of your vc14 directory

Back