• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Problems with save (crash, lags) and MagicWalls.

trans

Reaction score
Greetings.
I got the popular server in Poland on engine tfs(ots.net.pl).Everyday play here 300/300 people.My date base got 150mb and 4 500 000 records. And i got problem becouse when i save serwer all players get few minute lag, sometime server crash (segmentation fault). It is possible to reduce time of saving??.And another problem is that after reset very ofen magic walls don't disapire.I need to reset all and open again but in items.xml is all good.Sometimes its work and sometimes not wot can i do?
My hosting - http://www.ovh.pl/prywatne/produkty/mgplus.xml

I have the same problem (I don't know if my problem is REALLY a problem), but the situation is not the same.

My server has just 18~~25 players online, and when it is saved it freezes for 2~~4 seconds, I think it shouldn't freeze all this time, am I right? I don't think it's normal to get freezed 2~~4 seconds to save 20 players online and the map/houses.

PS: I'm using server save based on sources, which saves map->saveMap(); and makes a loop to save all players online.

@Elf
What do you mean with "BUMP"?

Yours,
Rafael Hamdan;

Last edited:
clean out ur database of players who haven't logged on in over a year

hah now database have 8 000 000+ records ... It is possible to reduce this database?

It's impossible to limit number of records without deleting them.

Just do it like cipsoft, save the database when the server is offline...
There is a reason it takes 15 minutes for them to shutdown and restart the server, it's not just to piss the players off.

But his problem is that the server may not always keep on running without crash for 24h :p

Back