• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Procedural Map Generator

randal923

Reaction score
Hey guys, I wanted to implement procedural map generation in my OT. I have read some old posts about people that worked on it a bit, but I wanted to know if there is anything up to date? Any tool or script that already does this? If not, could you guys point me in the right direction on how to implement it myself with C++ or Lua.

Thanks.

I think @Oskar1121 have some knowledge about generating / sticking pieces of map together and other crazy stuff.
Maybe he should help if he will have some free time 🤔

I think @Oskar1121 have some knowledge about generating / sticking pieces of map together and other crazy stuff.
Maybe he should help if he will have some free time 🤔
That's not procedural at all, every of his generated dungeons look the same but with different layout. Already had conversation about that with him. TFS would lag so much trying to generate something that is not a cave with few rocks.

Back