• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Processors

walkingdragon

Advanced OT User
Reaction score
Would you go for an AMD Eight Core Processor or an Intel I7 quad core processor? Reason I'm wondering is because I need opinions to decide whether I will build my PC through the AMD processor or the Intel Processor?

AMD Processor (w/ liquid cooling):
Newegg.com - AMD FX-8150 Zambezi 3.6GHz (3.9GHz/4.2GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ 125W Eight-Core Desktop Processor with Liquid Cooling Kit FD8150FRGUWOX

Intel Processor:
Newegg.com - Intel Core i7-3770 Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.9GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4000 BX80637I73770

If you have the money, go with Intel. Here is a good review on the processors you're asking about, hope it helps.

So got opinions from my friends, one of them says get the AMD because of it's eight-core processor and the others say Intel. The computer I plan on building is going to run mainly for gaming and thus I'm leaning towards Intel but Idk if Eight-cores would beat four cores or not (slurpderp you're welcome to comment).

It depends completely on what your doing. If you do decide to run 8 programs actively clearly the AMD will be better but the i7 still has 4 threads so efficively its a 8 core also, by a rule of thumb power wise 2 threads is equal to 1 core but it if your running 4 active programs I dont see you running 8 actively so the 4 in background would be fine on a thread. Software can now use multiple cores but it wont use more than 4 ever, games wont use more than 2. If you are going to overclock and you know what you are doing you can get a lot of power out of both, cooling wise a premade water cooling set i.e from corsair won't make any difference compared to a decent air cooler which is 1/4 the price (I use a CM212 on my 4.0Ghz I5 2500k and its nearly silent). Hope this helps.

Back