• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Progress of OpenTibia

Elvang

Reaction score
Looks like it's going no where, you see a shit tonne of 8.54 and 8.60 servers and one 9.31 server in the data packs section, next you look in the distributions section and the most up-to-date server is the Mystic Spirit 9.31, whilst tibia is 9.44. You are being forced to pay for anything else. I wouldn't be surprised to see it grind to a halt altogether soon.

Purchase some donator and get access to Private SVN for the latest updates on TFS, I believe the latest rev supports 9.44

Like I said, you have to pay to get anything else, you are basically handed the scraps as a non-donator.

Another version of The Forgotten Server is due for release soon. Patience is a virtue, especially when developers come and go. You should be grateful that one is even being released, free.

But in a way, you are correct. I believe since a lot of people decided to move on around the time 8.60 became well-known, it has not exactly picked up since. It is very unfortunate that open tibia can be controlled by big players, who have decided to take money in return for the right to stay actively involved. Then again, there isn't anyone else out there trying to develop and mature open tibia beyond what it is now. Crystal Server is just another leeched version of TFS, a failed attempt at best. When it's all said and done, the few who have the ability and willingness to contribute also maintain the ability of control.

It's those "contributors" per say, who control OT from here on out. I'm not against anything that is taking place now, but I wouldn't mind seeing some changes or more contribution to Open Tibia as a whole.

Last edited:
I really miss the times of unstable distros and the rush for basic features like Skull System, VIP System, etc.

And my post was deleted yet again, I'm done. lol.

This site is exactly what is killing open tibia.

Never complain if you're not going to contribute.
Quit being so selfish, the developers are not your slaves.

As far as I can see, it's only down to 2 people updating the game, Elf and Talaturen.
CipSoft had MULTIPLE developers to work on their game.

Like JDre said, be patient, it will come. The versions that donators have access to are NOT OFFICIAL.
They contain unfinished features and bugs.

Yea, the only thing that is bad at the moment is that people pay to be premium and you know what? They are disapointed. Why? Because the premium board is not active in any way. It is not updated. Most links are outdated.

Also, it's a miracle if you get help in Premium Support board. Most moderators/helpers etc. are working in a non-premium section and that would be perfectly fine unless you could ask for support about "0_4 tfs" there. But ohh, you can not :) So that leaves you only with your premium board hihihi :)

I understand that there are only 2 people working on the development. So why don't they get someone to help them? Or even the administrators of this forum should get more "moderators" to help people in the premium board... That would already make a difference and more people would be getting premium after their previous session expires... But atm, people get 3 months premium, they download everything they can and they don't renew their premiums after 3 months because they know what the situation looks like.

Kind regards,

And my post was deleted yet again, I'm done. lol.

The Premium subscription is not used to pay OTland's bills. The Premium subscription is because you want to see OTland thrive. It's a very giving community with Open Tibia's most active developers.
If you're looking to make a 9.44 server, shoot me a PM, I'll give you money for a premium subscription. It's not that much money, especially because 99% of OTs these days are at least some way monetized.

Red

That's why it's called a donation. You're not supposed to get anything in return. What we get is a gift for supporting this forum nothing more. You're not "paying" for anything.

We're not forcing anyone to pay anything, and I don't see you contributing anything to the community to help. The reason why we haven't released a 9.4x distribution yet is because we're still working on the market code.

You're wrong, OtLand is what keeps OpenTibia alive these days. Just because you're not happy with the current situation it doesn't mean that OpenTibia is dying. If it wasn't for The Forgotten Server, OpenTibia would either have been dead or a complete mess by now (a guess is that there would have been tons of different distributions with different formats and standards causing huge incompatibility issues). Either way, you're not helping by spreading negative thoughts.

There is also something big for the OpenTibia community to be announced, you'll hear more about it later.

Yea, the only thing that is bad at the moment is that people pay to be premium and you know what? They are disapointed. Why? Because the premium board is not active in any way. It is not updated. Most links are outdated.

Also, it's a miracle if you get help in Premium Support board. Most moderators/helpers etc. are working in a non-premium section and that would be perfectly fine unless you could ask for support about "0_4 tfs" there. But ohh, you can not :) So that leaves you only with your premium board hihihi :)

I understand that there are only 2 people working on the development. So why don't they get someone to help them? Or even the administrators of this forum should get more "moderators" to help people in the premium board... That would already make a difference and more people would be getting premium after their previous session expires... But atm, people get 3 months premium, they download everything they can and they don't renew their premiums after 3 months because they know what the situation looks like.

Kind regards,

It's not easy to provide support for "0_4 tfs" as you call it because it's still unfinished, most of the problems people are experiencing with it could just be a bug in the code and if that is the case you should report it in the Project Tools. There's a reason why it hasn't been released to the public yet, it's not stable. We don't want the end-users to start using the unfinished software and that's why we're trying to keep that stuff in the Premium Board until it's ready.

The OpenTibia community currently lacks experienced C++ programmers, most of the people who were capable of this are inactive. If anyone is interested to help, it's just to send a PM to me or elf and we'll see if the person is good enough. If you only get 3 months premium and you are using what you call "0_4 tfs", you'll end up with an old revision forever. We always recommend using the latest revision for those who use the code from the private subversion.

@Talaturen

But say for example that you are finished with 0_4 version, right? And it is ready to be published to everyone not just the premium users. You will have to somehow keep people paying for premium. Because if 0_4 will be realeased then people won't have any reasons to buy premium again coz everything will be for free. I know you are not forcing people to buy premium but I'm sure it is a good source of few dollars for you ;)

You must have something special just for premium users so people will keep buying premium. Something called "ace in the hole". :p

@Talaturen

But say for example that you are finished with 0_4 version, right? And it is ready to be published to everyone not just the premium users. You will have to somehow keep people paying for premium. Because if 0_4 will be realeased then people won't have any reasons to buy premium again coz everything will be for free. I know you are not forcing people to buy premium but I'm sure it is a good source of few dollars for you ;)

You must have something special just for premium users so people will keep buying premium. Something called "ace in the hole". :p

The Forgotten Server is open-source and free, and it's going to stay that way. We're not trying to run a business with it, we're just trying to keep the unfinished version away from the end-users until it's ready. Limiting it to premium users helps with that, and also promotes buying a premium subscription which helps OtLand. About people not buying premium anymore- just because there is a new public release doesn't mean development stops. We will of course start working on the next version in the private subversion and if you want access to the that before it's considered stable you will still need a premium subscription. Then there are all the other benefits too. We had a premium subscription (it was called donator) on the forum even before there was the benefit of having access to our private subversion, people still got it, why? Some might have done it for the benefits, but I'm sure there are people who have enjoyed OpenTibia and wants to support us.

Back