• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Project idea - Need your opinions

Rexxar

of Unimatrix Zero-One
Solutions
Reaction score
Greetings,

As you may notice from the topic title, this is (yet another) one of those project threads made for input to whether or not said project would be interesting to the general tibia-playing population.

Recently I've been working on a project of mine, it's a rather large project, some may even call it huge, and before I start working on it, I'd like all of your input, so that I know if it's something worth working on, or if it would just be a huge waste of time.

So please, share your thoughts about it. Would you play it? Would it be fun? What is good/bad?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is only one of many features that will/may get implemented, the server is always up for suggestions to how to improve the game play elements. Also note that that this information is just a rough template, the actual stuff will be far more detailed and advanced. I simply don't want anyone stealing ideas.

• World

The world itself will be mainly based upon the original work of CipSoft, so that players may feel familiar with their surroundings, at least at first.
Quests will be added accordingly, and so will all the other functions. In all regards it will be identical to real tibia.
But no, this doesn't mean this will be yet another "100% irl tibia server", quite the contrary, while we base the world on the original tibia world, to avoid confusion and the feeling of being lost, the similarities ends there. While the original world will not be radically altered, instead we will expand it, add new places to go, new worlds to explore, and so on. This will of course include new quests, new npcs and perhaps even new monsters.
This will offer both a sense of familiarity, as well as a feeling of adventurous exploration.​

• Classes

The vocations, or "Classes" will be custom classes based mainly, but not exclusively, on World of Warcraft.
Each class will of course be outfitted with a wide array of spells and abilities according to their class, and the function of that class.
Mages wearing the power of fire, ice and arcane; Rangers with the ability to trap, tame and call beastly companions; Mighty warriors and more.​

• Spells

I'm sure tibia spells has their charm, but eventually you get bored of simply pressing one or two buttons repeatedly, hoping to out-damage your opponent. This is what I'm hoping to change.
Spells will of course include custom work, but also incorporate ideas from other games like World of Warcraft.
Polymorph to turn your enemy into an immobile sheep temporarily, Grand healing spells to ease the weariness of your companions, Powerful buff to aid your companions, and a lot more.​

• Proffessions

A proffession system will be implemented to further increase the fun in actually playing the game, not just grinding and PVP.
Ever wanted to be a mighty blacksmith, craft powerful weapons to sell to your friends or guild? Or maybe a skilled woodworker? Anything's possible.
The system is also based on a gather/produce balance, so that you may either chose to be the collector of materials, or the maker of items produced from those materials.​

• PvP

Not much can be said about this, since it's only in the early stages of development.
However, it will include a faction system that will let you shape your own destiny in battle as you see fit, allowing you to choose from three different sets of PvP challenges, non-pvp as well as PvP.
This will of course be complemented by a honor system.​

• Game Masters

I feel it is important to mention here how the Game Master layout will be, since too many good servers has been ruined by corrupt/stupid staff members abusing the powers given to them, originally intended to bring peace and stability to the server, but instead bringing chaos and imbalance.
Simply put, Game Masters will first of all not be allowed to do anything which may imbalance the game, only do what they are intended to do, and be restricted to only those abilities. Second of all they will be allowed to play on normal characters, so that they may understand the game better, but they may not give out information regarding their position. In addition, any major action taken such as item distribution, must be cleared with the community managers first, then the administrators, to avoid corruption.
Breach of any of these, and many other rules, will result in immediate expulsion from the staff.
It is also worth noting that there will be rules of conduct to how a GM should behave towards players, so no game master will ever behave rudely or reserved toward you. Examples of the type of behavior you will be met with by our Game Masters can be seen on WoWbash.​

• Miscellaneous

Innovative traveling system unlike anything you've ever seen in any other server, advanced pet feature tied into the website, advanced website-based account/character management features, and more.
It is also important to mention again that these are only a few of the many features that will be implemented, and that any idea presented which is deemed to enhance the quality of the game will most likely be implemented.
So you can in fact be a part of shaping the server like you want it.​

If you have any further questions, feel free to post here and ask, and I'll answer to the best of my ability.
Thank you.

i dont get it, this wont be a 100% real map, but it will be expanded?
just for the fact of being a real map i wont play it, if you wna start a big project make it atleast with a custom map...

i dont get it, this wont be a 100% real map, but it will be expanded?
just for the fact of being a real map i wont play it, if you wna start a big project make it atleast with a custom map...

The actual basis of the server will be a real map, in a sense it will be identical to real tibia, or at least as close as possible.
Then once the time comes, once we have all the nooks and crannies smoothed out in the real map, quests and additional features, we will add new continents, towns and whatnot. (Maybe even during development, who knows, our mapper is very creative and good at what he does) So that there will always be the original tibia continent to go to, but eventually there will be multiple new islands/continents you can go to and quest/hunt if you should feel the need to.

The main reason for this is that players are familiar with the original tibia map, thus starting on one will enable them to quickly get started, considering they already know what to do and where to go. It will also enable them to request help from hunting guides and resources like TibiaWiki to aid them in their quests/hunts, something which is not possible on completely custom maps.
Of course once we introduce new towns and continents, we will enable them to choose those towns as starting points when arriving at mainland, thus they can choose to be greeted with a completely new adventure, alternatively be greeted by familiar surroundings such as Thais, Carlin, Edron or similar.

So in a sense, it will eventually become a custom map with areas from original tibia.

sounds good, but u gota edit a lot the towns in order to look diferent and not be another shity customized rl map

Well, there's no plans on radically changing any towns, aside from minor changes for convenience. But who knows, maybe that will change at some point.

But like said, there will be other continents/islands, so should people prefer it, they can stay in that place permanently, no one forces them to revisit the old continents.

I stopped reading after 'CipSofts original work'. There's already too many RL maps out there.

I am going to be starting a project after I finish highschool, in my spare time of course.
I was hoping to pay somebody to make me a map...

Good luck with your project :thumbup:

so wait if i get this right your going to "remake" the origonal map? well i gusse that shows you put effort into your work. but i would make a comepleat custom with the same style as the rl map. just so you can say your compleatly origonal.

Would be really cool if u did the WoW map , Orgrimmar, SW , IF , Dalaran etc :D would be soo nice ;D

Would be really cool if u did the WoW map , Orgrimmar, SW , IF , Dalaran etc :D would be soo nice ;D

That is a good idea, and I have considered it a while ago.
The problem however is that it would take a long, long time to make it, considering it would be something like... 5 - 10 times as big as the tibia map.
But maybe we'll include a new continent with a few wow-like areas.

I'm not trying to make a server that is completely identical to WoW, I'm trying to make a server which has content and ideas from WoW, as well as other games and concepts.

But again, thanks to those who has given constructive criticism! (Not those who whent "I don't like RLMap! I will not play!" without any explanation or suggestions)

That is a good idea, and I have considered it a while ago.
The problem however is that it would take a long, long time to make it, considering it would be something like... 5 - 10 times as big as the tibia map.
But maybe we'll include a new continent with a few wow-like areas.

I'm not trying to make a server that is completely identical to WoW, I'm trying to make a server which has content and ideas from WoW, as well as other games and concepts.

But again, thanks to those who has given constructive criticism! (Not those who whent "I don't like RLMap! I will not play!" without any explanation or suggestions)

okay ^.^ well I think the first you should do is to add the Home towns if your gonna do a bit WoW map and the starting areas for humans,dwarves/gnomes,draeneis,NE's|Orc/Trolls,Taurens,Belves,Undeads xD

okay ^.^ well I think the first you should do is to add the Home towns if your gonna do a bit WoW map and the starting areas for humans,dwarves/gnomes,draeneis,NE's|Orc/Trolls,Taurens,Belves,Undeads xD

Haha, I had already planned something similar to that (Racial system), but what you said gave me plenty of interesting ideas. Thank you.

Haha, I had already planned something similar to that (Racial system), but what you said gave me plenty of interesting ideas. Thank you.

thanks :D also add racial abilities (a) Like Every Man for Himself, Gift of the naruu <3 , the professions "+" on draenei and gnomes , belves ;D would be very fun :D

ALSO ACHIEVEMENTS AND RAIDS AND HC AND DUNGEONS :D

thanks :D also add racial abilities (a) Like Every Man for Himself, Gift of the naruu <3 , the professions "+" on draenei and gnomes , belves ;D would be very fun :D

ALSO ACHIEVEMENTS AND RAIDS AND HC AND DUNGEONS :D

Lol, We'll see... =P

I don't like that you're using vocations based on the clases on WoW.

Mind explaining why you're feeling like this? And any suggestions how to improve?
The classes will based on WoW classes, but that is not final, the names may vary, and so may the spells. It's not "WoW-Tibia", its a server based on WoW and many other games and concepts.

Back