• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Project: "Old school" Custom 8.6.

costanza

Reaction score
The idea is to start off with the Tibia map before Ankrahmun was added (pretty much when I believe CipSoft took Tibia in the wrong direction) and from there begin with custom mapping and quests and so fourth.

The server will have the old damage system, without auto-aim (of course!), and the old runes and spells (old sds and UE are back :)!). I have customized the sprites to look like Tibia 7.0 and also added some favorites from the old client (This goes for outfits aswell, of course addons will not play a part in my server. OBS! Not all items are like 7.0, water for example, which is randomized these days and very tricky to replace with old style sprites).

Why I choose to work with 8.6 and not a 7.0-7.4 server is because I was thinking that some features from the 8.6 version might be a fun addition to the older feel I'm going for (e.g. I got a war system in place).

As for rates, I'm aiming for a feel of level 100 being high level, as it was when I used to play. I'm thinking of adding some stages though, perhaps it being a litte easier to get to 50-60 and then it gets harder. And perhaps when you reach level 100 it will become even harder, so that people will be around level 100, (YOU will of course not be able to become level 100 in a day or two). Ideas about rates and so are very welcome, as I haven't decided. Same goes for skill/magic level rates.

And you will not see magic swords lying around the streets and so fourth, some items will be rare.

I could launch this server tomorrow but I want to make some final tuning and I very much would like your opinions on what you think would make it even better. And also, perhaps you have some name suggestions? :)

g3gUS.jpg
oeJsq.jpg
grtgf.jpg
EKwdU.jpg
zsqvw.jpg
EZa8L.jpg

OBS! The client showing in the pictures is a personal project, in early beta stage (It's suppose to mimic the old client, but without losing any of the functionality of the new client). This will perhaps be released in the future as an OPTION to the original.

Yours,
George

Last edited:
Why leave out Ankrahmun? Ankrahmun was one of the best thing they added. Remember, Ankrahmun came in before 7.4.
It's a very well done desert city, Ankrahmun is old-school and its a haven for wars.

Why leave out Ankrahmun? Ankrahmun was one of the best thing they added. Remember, Ankrahmun came in before 7.4.
It's a very well done desert city, Ankrahmun is old-school and its a haven for wars.

I chose to remove ankrahmun mainly because of how it's design. In my eyes Ankrahmun represents a new way of designing which just doesn't do it for me. I surely have less experience when it comes to modern warfare than you, but when Ankrahmun was introduced I remember how I hated the stair jumping.

EDIT: Also, isn't ONE desert city enough??!! :)

Thanks for the reply though!

Last edited:
War system on a 7.4 server will never work. No war system and loads of red skulls IS old school. Also agree evan is correct about the Ankrahmun statement. Not saying it wont be successful(proberly would), but I personally love the old spirits etc. BUT I think it could work and be very successful.

War system on a 7.4 server will never work. No war system and loads of red skulls IS old school. Also agree evan is correct about the Ankrahmun statement. Not saying it wont be successful(proberly would), but I personally love the old spirits etc. BUT I think it could work and be very successful.

Would you please elaborate, I don't really understand what you mean. To be clear, this is NOT a 7.4 server, it's a 8.6 server, customized to have a more "old school" feeling about it. But with "War system on a 7.4 server will never work." do you mean in the sense that I will not be able to implement it in a 7.4 server or that you do not think people will accept the fact that there is a war system on a server that aims to be "old school"?

Another reason for why I've chosen to reduce the map size and delete newer parts is of population reasons, I don't think my server will have 600+ players and therefor a modern full tibia map would simply be too big. Even with Ankrahmun I believe the map would be too big. Thais, Edron, Kaz, Ab, Carlin are enough in my opinion, otherwise the streets will be all empty, and I want to attract people who likes wars aswell as RPG.

So is this going to be an 8.60 server, with kinda low rates with 7.40 spirits and so? And If it is more of an old-school server, Ankrahmun cannot be missed out. There are tombs there, dragons, larvas and so much more. Also, why can't it have 600+ players? If you make very nice adverising and make it very old-school like; it is possible. But I advice you to launch it right when there are no good old school OTS. For example; tibianic-hr.org shuts down(or everybody leaves), they are looking for good old school servers and cannot find any. YOU then launch your server and it is almost guarenteed you will get players on your server.

I assume this will work because servers have done it. Like tibianic-hr.org(oldschool HR server), mastercores restarted; tibianic then launched.

Tip: Don't put your self done. Also good-luck :).

So is this going to be an 8.60 server, with kinda low rates with 7.40 spirits and so? And If it is more of an old-school server, Ankrahmun cannot be missed out. There are tombs there, dragons, larvas and so much more. Also, why can't it have 600+ players? If you make very nice adverising and make it very old-school like; it is possible. But I advice you to launch it right when there are no good old school OTS. For example; tibianic-hr.org shuts down(or everybody leaves), they are looking for good old school servers and cannot find any. YOU then launch your server and it is almost guarenteed you will get players on your server.

I assume this will work because servers have done it. Like tibianic-hr.org(oldschool HR server), mastercores restarted; tibianic then launched.

It would have to be another highrate server to be honest, since the best lowrate atm is realots with 170~ on peak times and real cipsoft engine so you can't compete to be honest. Don't try a lowrate else it will fail.

People mostly play 7.4 for war, not so much rpg aswell.

@up.

You do not understand do you? This isn't an ordinary old-school low rate he is making. He is making it 8.6 client/spr with a 7.4 game play. And thats really unique; nobody has ever done it before. The old-school community is at tibianic at the moment. Realots; in my opinion isn't old-school as mana fluids are 50 gp, giving 150 mana, port hope exists, pz boats, runes in shop, wands, no uh traps, no rope traps; none of these exist. Just the aiming and the spirits are old school. Plus a hell load of custom things which really isn't good. If tibianic goes down>people looking for serv>this project gets launched>loads of new players who wanna try it out+a hell of alot of the old school community will join. Understand the concept now?

I've been thinking about what you're saying about the timing of launch and I will try to keep track of what's happening on those servers. As for Ankrahmun I'm fairly sure I will not keep it, but please if you feel you can, try to persuade me. :) Thanks for the advice!

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean everyone else doesn't like it.
You gotta have a desert city somehow, don't tell me you're using Darashia over Ankrahmun.
It really can't hurt to add it.

First off i'll start by saying that this is pretty awesome and I love your idea. I personally prefer the sprites when they didn't look so much like cardboard cut outs but that's just me :p Also, about the ANK situation... It has great hunting places both for high and low levels and when it came out it was generally the centre of activity from mana sitters and pkers to people that like to hunt, would be a great place to team hunt aswell. If you don't like people pyramid hoping then you could always make them all PZ aswell.

Great job though, gunna try it out when it's ready.

Thanks for your kind words. My opinion of sprites is that Tibia is a game which, obviously, can't compete graphically with newer games of its genre, hence I also believe that the newer more "3D:ized" sprites don't fit the game. Being a 2D game it should keep the parts that make it unique, if you will. If you want flashy graphics there are certainly other options. And I believe the old sprites are far better looking than the newer ones, cardboardish or not. :) Also, I started to play Tibia a long time ago (Old Client) and for me, the sprites I've chosen to implement represent the Tibia I'm familiar with.

I am interested in what people who started to play more recently think though, since I'm biased, what sprites do you prefer and why? Would the old sprites be a problem, and perhaps even make you not play my server because of them?

I started playing Tibia in 7.4 so the graphics were updated somewhat, but I loved the screenshots you showed, I'd try the server for sure.

Waow, i love it.
lol, though back in my day(cause am an oldman now) a level 50 was considered high level :)
Sprites for me are a bonus, the removal on Ank am honestly not sure about you're getting rid of afew decent spawns & if it gets popular what will you do, then again you said you will continue with a custom style map so it'll be cool to see what you come up with.

This is actually fresh, so it'll be cool when you release.
I wana be beta tester :(

EDIT: Man i just noticed he hasn't been on in awhile & this is a pretty old post... my life & dreams have been shattered into a million peices.. i hope you're happy :(

Last edited:
I am sorry for my inactivity. I'm currently working on the website for the server!

Damn, i wanna see this server online. And im glad its a 8.6, since my tibia laggs with the old client because they had a bad graphic option etc!

Back