• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Project Questions - Renewing Geisors Acc

Rexxar

of Unimatrix Zero-One
Solutions
Reaction score
So, after quite the long hiatus I'm back here again.
My current plans is to practice various things, and among them is PHP, so I was considering doing something AAC related. This was before I happened to stumble across the current web application section, and noticed that Geisor Acc is no longer updated.

My current plans would be to update and renew it a bit, cause I'm sure we can all agree that it got quite the bit of flaws; "Uncaught Exception", character templates, bugged setup and more.

So now I'm seeking a bit of info and tips regarding Geisor AAC;

First of all, have Geisor abandoned the Geisor ACC project?

Do you think he would mind if someone used his project as a basis for their own? (Of course giving him credit!) It would more or less involve updating it with new functions, more stability and other things that people suggest.
Is geisor even still here on otland?

Thirdly, would you; The users, want a new updated version of Geisor's ACC, or do you perfer the new ones like Modern AAC and whatever others there are?

Sorry for the long post but I wanted to cram as much questions and info into this post as I possibly could, to avoid missinformation.

tl;dr -
I'm planning on updating the Geisors ACC project, and I got questions:
  1. Have geisor given up/abandoned [Geisor Acc]?
  2. Would he mind if someone continued where he left off?
  3. Would you users here on otland want someone to update, renew and make geisors acc better? Or is the others like Modern Acc enough right now?

I beg you, don't be another guy. There is completly no point of developing Gesior AAC. With Modern AAC atleast you won't learn bad habbits etc. Modern AAC is much more extendable, so go for it.

I beg you, don't be another guy. There is completly no point of developing Gesior AAC. With Modern AAC atleast you won't learn bad habbits etc. Modern AAC is much more extendable, so go for it.

So you want me to take over Modern AAC and/or develop my own version of it?

Because the point of my post was basically: "If Geisor AAC is abandoned I want to use it as a basis for my own project which will be an AAC similar to Geisor, but without all the bugs and crappy coding".

I don't really understand your reply, what bad habits are you talking about? I will be rewriting geisor AAC, not make mods for it. And again, Modern AAC is more extendable so... I'm supposed to do what? I'm not talking about mods here, I'm talking about complete core rewrite.

So you want me to take over Modern AAC and/or develop my own version of it?

Because the point of my post was basically: "If Geisor AAC is abandoned I want to use it as a basis for my own project which will be an AAC similar to Geisor, but without all the bugs and crappy coding".

I don't really understand your reply, what bad habits are you talking about? I will be rewriting geisor AAC, not make mods for it. And again, Modern AAC is more extendable so... I'm supposed to do what? I'm not talking about mods here, I'm talking about complete core rewrite.

So if 'complete' code rewrite, then you dont need no basics.

You can develop new modules for Modern AAC and easy share them using MVC.

The bad habbits, are the code style, I mean are you gonna still use $main_content thing? If you want, you can develop your own AAC based on Modern but I don't see the point, when you can develop with us? It's open project.

So if 'complete' code rewrite, then you dont need no basics.

I've noticed certain posts where people ask for Geisor ACC with the reason that they want something they're familiar with, and thus I would include the core from Geisor to retain the "Geisor-feel", while adding/removing to avoid the current flaws that exists.
I could make my own AAC sure, but then we would just have another "Modern VS Geisor" problem.

You can develop new modules for Modern AAC and easy share them using MVC.

Yeah but then I still need to adapt to and learn someone else's coding style, classes and modules.

The bad habbits, are the code style, I mean are you gonna still use $main_content thing?

No idea what this $main_content thing you're talking about is, but if it's bad and generally drags down the performance/security, then I'll go away faster than you can say "Grandma's wig".

listen to Paxton. Modern AAC is the future. be smart
gesior aac has no future in ot

No idea what this $main_content thing you're talking about is, but if it's bad and generally drags down the performance/security, then I'll go away faster than you can say "Grandma's wig".

Hu, it's like the core of Gesior :p

$main_content .= "Some html"; anyone.

I always wrote my Gesior moddings in this style:

<?php
ob_start()
(...)

$main_content .= ob_get_contents();
ob_end_clean();
?>

Still not a "perfect" way.

Well this was a bummer, I guess I'll have to come up with something else to do then instead. Any ideas?
(No, I'm not doing mods for Modern Acc)

Well this was a bummer, I guess I'll have to come up with something else to do then instead. Any ideas?
(No, I'm not doing mods for Modern Acc)

You don't have to do mods, you can write modules so you extend it, for example write wiki for it like requestes in thread before.

Look its not hard to code modern its like
PHP:
<?PHP
<title> Heyea man </title><br><br><br>
<b><i><div id="top">
Welcome to the server ModernAcc
</b></i></div>?>
Im not the best but I try insted of gesior

PHP:
<?PHP
<title>Heya man </title><br><br><br>
<b><i>
<div id="top"
mainContes.='
Welcome to the server ModernAcc
';
</b></i></div>
?>

You don't have to do mods, you can write modules so you extend it, for example write wiki for it like requestes in thread before.

Mods = Modules

I'm interested in learning PHP as a whole, not being restricted to a specific way of coding due to the creators of said thing having used a specific way of coding or a specific way of implementing modules/mods/whatever.

Mods = Modules

I'm interested in learning PHP as a whole, not being restricted to a specific way of coding due to the creators of said thing having used a specific way of coding or a specific way of implementing modules/mods/whatever.

No

Mods are injections, hooks etc.

Modules are whole controllers or just methods for them, for example:

Mod: Top Guilds at the top of the news

Module: Video module, adding viewing commenting etc

-
And if u want to learn PHP as a whole, don't go for Gesior! You will learn the bad way. In most of good PHP jobs, mvc knowledge is neccessary which modern aac has.

I think he mean if he just could copy the theme tibia.com from gesior Acc to modern acc :p (not 100% sure thought). - Without recode :D

But as you said :p Just make it not that hard if u have the CSS layout :p

Back