• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Suggestion [Project Showoff] subsection to Discussion

E

Evil Puncker

So you are working on a new project (new AAC, otservlist, OT, tool, game, etc) and want to show it off, what are the options? only one, you create a thread at discussion board and see it vanishes along lots of other threads that have nothing to do with a project showoff...

We have mapping showoff, spriting showoff, but we have no suitable/dedicated place to a full project showoff, and that is what I'm suggesting...

it has been tried two times:

but no success/answer...

The most enforced rules would be:
  • no advertising if it is an OT
  • no direct/indirect product selling

if you like/dislike this idea:
2022-04-02 07_09_10-NFT Scams _ OTLand.png

1. “Server Gala“ => “Server Showoff”
2. Remove the 7-day rule.
3. Force tags “online”, “development”, or “offline” so the user can quickly see the server’s status in the thread list.
4. ???
5. Profit. (Well, not really, as it’s a Showoff not a buy/sell platform).

Why?

1. These changes allow members to post their thread regardless if the server is online. (Decreases moderation requirements - this is a pro, I’m biased).
2. This eliminates the need for a new board or a new sub-forum that would be largely ignored. (Let’s face it, sub-board‘s visibility would be nonexistent if not for “Latest Activity” listings.)
3. A board with lots of exposure would incentivize server developers to post their progress and updates; and if it’s advertising, who cares? it doubles as an advertisement thread.
4. Feedback received from members may incentivize OPs (that had no intention of actually hosting a server for play) to actually launch their server. More custom/unique servers online should be a bonus for all OT players.

Would this open an avenue for users to “advertise buying/selling“? Potentially. Bad actors are everywhere; it can happen in “Jobs” just as well. I could receive a PM from someone offering to buy some system on my server that’s listed in the Advertisement board just as easily. The onus is on me to not use OTLand to generate or facilitate a sale.

Red

or “offline”

Mind you this will have to be checked and set by moderators as most people don't bother letting people know their server is closed, they just vanish from the community.

I think all this is missing out on the most important part of OPs suggestion.
THIS IS NOT MEANT TO BE A SHOWOFF FOR SERVERS.

From my perspective it's about anything else. Showing off new ideas, concepts, systems or tools in this area.
Changing server gala is after all worthless. Cool threads will vanish even faster as they do in discussions.

Mind you this will have to be checked and set by moderators as most people don't bother letting people know their server is closed, they just vanish from the community.
Good call. You’re right, it’s probably too much of a hassle.

¯\(ツ)
Red

Back