• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Suggestion Projects section in OT-Section !

Damon

Check my status to contact me :)
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello,
To keep it short, I suggest a "Projects" Board in the OT section,
Where ppl can advertise their projects and show WorkInProgress.
To prevent dead projects from returning, or confusing new players, I would also suggest to REMOVE all threads in this section with no activity within the past 30 days !

//Damon

I am agreeing to this since there are a few good projects like Hall of the Champions and Heroland.
Would be nice to see it on a board.

great a board with like 8 threads... No, but seriously, i feel like the disscusion board is enough.

how-about-no-bear-meme.jpg

Well,
I just have to say, that an extra "projects" board would be positively effectung le forum .
Because then we would have OT-Projects seperated from Discussions about Open Tibia.
Of course you can discuss what rates are popular or what players wish , but in projects section you can acctually show the work in progress and people can more easily find projects to follow and contribute to!

Kind Regards,
//Damon

I agree with Damon once more.

Discussion thread is great about talking about it but a project board would show progress etc.

I actually feel that if this is perhaps added it should be a board that requires approval.
I think discussion itself is enough but a sub-forum in Discussion doesn't seem entirely like a bad idea for just OT projects and nothing else.

I actually feel this if this is perhaps added it should be a board that requires approval.
I think discussion itself is enough but a sub-forum in Discussion doesn't seem entirely like a bad idea for just OT projects and nothing else.

+1
And approval would be totally reasonable :)
No problem with that :p

Yh with approval it will be fine. It would clean up discussion but idk it's nothing spectacular that will affect too much of our forum.. We have the advertisment and discussion atm.. I think we could merge advertising and server discussion into this forum.

Maybe change "Advertisement" to "Server List" and add tags to it:
[Advertising]
[Project]
[Discussion]
(Unsure if this one would be required)

This would at the same time remove the need to have this new board(since it would replace Advertisement), it would clean up the OT Discussion to only have discussions actually about OT itself instead of 80% of the threads being about servers and projects and server discussions

Last edited:
Maybe change "Advertisement" to "Server List" and add tags to it:
[Advertising]
[Project]
[Discussion]
(Unsure if this one would be required)

This would at the same time remove the need to have this new board, it would clean up the OT Discussion to only have discussions actually about OT itself instead of 80% of the threads being about servers and projects and server discussions
Sorry to diagree but having adverts and projects mixed in one board sounds even worse to me :/
Id gladly help approving for the project section if you are missing approvers .but please dont make smth which makes it even worse :/

Sorry to diagree but having adverts and projects mixed in one board sounds even worse to me :/
Id gladly help approving for the project section if you are missing approvers .but please dont make smth which makes it even worse :/
She didn't mean that we would allow people to advertise in the discussion board, the advertising tag would be used most likely on finished projects just to show the unique features that the server might have.
Or at least thats what I understood.

The [Advertising] one would be for threads that make our current Advertisement Board
The [Project] one would be for people that want to show the progress of their upcoming/in development server (What we have on the General Discussion board)

The [Discussion] one would be a thread talking about a server that is already online(similar to what we currently have in the General Discussion board, this is arguable if needed since these kinds of threads could be merged into the Project/Advertising ones, and we'd end up with 2 threads for the same server)

Yeah, scratch [Discussion], but the other 2 are still valid I think

Yh a decent compromise. Then all threads can be place under one roof so to speak

Yh a decent compromise. Then all threads can be place under one roof so to speak
exactly, General Discussion should be a place to discuss stuff regarding OT in general, not specific servers(at least IMO)

Aight :)
Sorry, didnt got it at first :p
Sounds cool !

The [Advertising] one would be for threads that make our current Advertisement Board
The [Project] one would be for people that want to show the progress of their upcoming/in development server (What we have on the General Discussion board)

The [Discussion] one would be a thread talking about a server that is already online(similar to what we currently have in the General Discussion board, this is arguable if needed since these kinds of threads could be merged into the Project/Advertising ones, and we'd end up with 2 threads for the same server)

Yeah, scratch [Discussion], but the other 2 are still valid I think

Anything new bout this? Will this change take place nao? :eek:

Back