• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Proposal] Ot-cron

scriptha

On a distinguished road
Reaction score
Hi

I was thinking about a system which would allow you to execute scripts at specific times, like cronjobs in linux. You could clean old account once a week (luasql), you could make a raid that's executed every friday 13:00, or every hour, you could make an automatic clean, items respawning at a location, or npcs that are only there at specific locations to make quests more difficult.

I don't think this is really hard to make, and it would be a nice feature to switch to TFS for.. Any supporters?

Yeah, I've thought about the same and I think this can be done already with Lua, I'm just not sure what's the best way to execute it.

you could just make an npc that occasionally checks whether or not it's time to do the work? like the old restarter npcs?

use os.date to find the time of the hoster computer and simply execute it if the hour is 15 and the minutes is 30.

You could either put it in the onThink or in a NPC

Back