• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Mapper Public Task Thread for OOD

Sentielo

Advanced OT User
Reaction score
I am from Holland, where the fack you from :)
This thread is full with public tasks anybody is allowed to make for OOD.

You don't have to be in the projectteam, you can just make one piece for us if you like to!
For questions, feel free to contact: Luffy1255, Sentielo or Zisly.
Right now we do not have our own board, but we try to get one on otland. For more information we have to redirect you to here (otfans).

How it goes like and some rules
  • You chooise a piece you would like to make and write down here that you are working for it.
  • You are free to map whatever you like, as long as you fulfill the requirements written under the task we made.
  • Only post here if you are working on a task, want any feedback on a piece you made or if you finished a task.
  • If you finished your piece, add at least 3 pictures of the piece(s) you made.
  • This is not a discussion thread. Only task related posts are allowed.
  • Make the piece RPG'ish, clean and nice (it's not a showoff piece).
  • If me, Zisly and Luffy1255 likes your piece, we will certainly use it. We could ask you for some changes also.
  • Coördinate RPG'ish: start with the easiest monsters, end with the hardest monsters of a class. Make the spawn big enough. Make differences on the amount of monsters: few monsters with long-distance walking, solo spawns, 3 creatures at ones time, a zone without any monsters etc.
  • If someone added a picture here that you really like to see on a server or if you see somebody qualified who want to map a certain map piece, please like his post. Helps us making decissions =).

Task list (for the forest, usage of swamp is allowed)
Magician Tower: Taken by: Kokokoko
We need two towers with on the first one Dark Apprentices and Dark Magicians on it.
The size of the towers should be like this. On the top of the first tower there will be quest boxes with the five rewards. You can only go to the second tower from the premier tower. This tower will be harder, but still only with Apprentices and Magicians only. If you get to floor 7 you will find a place to get down. There will be (5-10) monks on the -1 floor, necromancers on floor -2 and heros on floor -3.

Cyclops/Behemoths/Destroyers: Not taken
We need a place where people are able to hunt cyclops of all types. Very close nearby the entrance of the area there will be a warning sign with a questroom with 3 (normal) cyclops at the same time, with 2 chests. If you go down more floors or if you get deeper you will find stronger cyclops. Finally on the deepest part of the piece, you will meet Behemoths and Destroyers. Also there will be a quest room there with 3 chests.

Giant Spider: Taken by: RenzoTM
We need an environment for giant spiders. It will be on an island with an underground cave toward it with some spiders, poison spiders and if you want to map it, a possibility to hunt wailing widows down deep inside the cave. The forest will be surrounded by water, so people can't lure Giant Spiders.

Cultists: Not taken
In my opinion this is a piece which is really for the most creative mappers. We are in need of a place where the verses can bring you to another level. Meaning: on the first floor there are novinces and a passage to the second floor where the first verse is need for, on the second floor there acolytes (2nd verse will allowed you to go down), on the third adepts (were u will be able to get the 3rd music sheet and get through a passage again) and the fourth enlighteneds (where you should get the 4th version). If you got all the versions, you will be able to clear the questroom with all cultants (1 chest).

Goblin: Taken by: abignoob
Goblins will be mixed with chicken. The piece should be 3 floors deep and there will be a quest room with one chest.

Orcs: Not taken
Will be really a large place, because the different kind of levels which will hunt here. It will also have four quests. On the start there will be a huntground with only weaker orcs (orcs, spearmans, warriors with a two items quest). After that you will (also) meet riders, shamans, berserkers (no quest here). Finally you will meet the stronger orcs on another floor (behind the ones called earlier) marauders and leaders. Then there are on three sides quest rooms. One the first one you will meet all orcs with warlords included (3 items). On the other one you will have to beat a solo giant spider (2 items). Finally there will be a room with Riders and Marauders (1 item)

Elves: Not taken
A place where people are able to collect 30 heaven blossom and 85 holy orchids from. This means that it needs a large amount of Arcanists! We decided to let you make a camp with all kind of elves on it. Only on top floors there should be Arcanists (one with a quest room, with 3 chests), but also the possibility to hunt arcanists only, down on a cave.

More tasks will follow!
You are also allowed to donate a piece you made or to post screenshots here of a mapping piece.

Last edited:
Perhaps you could create a list with only names of spawns? (e.g; Troll cave, Orc quest - and people will be allowed to be open-minded and use their imagination?) If you create a list like this I'll for sure map something for you guys =)

Perhaps you could create a list with only names of spawns? (e.g; Troll cave, Orc quest - and people will be allowed to be open-minded and use their imagination?) If you create a list like this I'll for sure map something for you guys =)

Well it are just a few requirements we had to add on those tasks. We made a whole strategical plan on which monsters, quests, tasks, etc. we would like to have and in which kind of city we want them. If we do not add requirements, we are afraid that things wont fit in the server soon.

I wish I could map spawns, but I can't. If there is anything else, let me know...

Back