• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Linux putty TFS stop

elkingahmed

Reaction score
hello whenever i close putty my ot stops after a period of time
using debian 8
any ideas ?

Yes, You are running your OTServer in that current putty session. Putty doesnt remote desktop as such, it creates its own workspace. The easiest way to get around this is to install something called 'conspy' it will allow you to remote into your Linux server.

Yes, You are running your OTServer in that current putty session. Putty doesnt remote desktop as such, it creates its own workspace. The easiest way to get around this is to install something called 'conspy' it will allow you to remote into your Linux server.
any tutorial please ?

Wait what have you done? basically you do this.

Install Conspy Using the following
Code:
aptitude update && aptitude install conspy

after thats installed you simply type
Code:
conspy 1

Then you just launch your server from there.
WHen you close putty and want to get back into your server you just putty into server again and use
Code:
conspy 1

Last edited:
Wait what have you down? basically you do this.

Install Conspy Using the following
Code:
aptitude update && aptitude install conspy

after thats installed you simply type
Code:
conspy 1

Then you just launch your server from there.
WHen you close putty and want to get back into your server you just putty into server again and use
Code:
conspy 1
working now but how to stop this window ?

I've reread this post 10 times i still dont know what you mean LOL sorry dude.. If you want to start from the begining you can just clsoe the putty window and reopen it?

i'm sure there is but this is in my opinion the best way to do it =) so you do know you can open multiple putty windows aswell right?

You can use screen
install screen by apt-get install screen

-start server by
screen -L ./tfs
-close screen without terminating the server by
hold ctrl+a+d
-get back to screen by
screen -r
-to terminate screen and server
screen -r
ctrl+c

You can use screen
install screen by apt-get install screen

-start server by
screen -L ./tfs
-close screen without terminating the server by
hold ctrl+a+d
-get back to screen by
screen -r
-to terminate screen and server
screen -r
ctrl+c
This is what I was about to post as well. Screen is the go-to for many including me. :)

Back