• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Pvp no/off

denkan97

Solutions
Reaction score
Tfs 1.2

Can someone make an npc who can change between no-pvp and pvp but when you have no-pvp you gain 25% less exp?
And some sort of payment for this service?

Thanks!

Tfs 1.2

Can someone make an npc who can change between no-pvp and pvp but when you have no-pvp you gain 25% less exp?

Thanks!

If I understood correctly and you want to change a player from PVP(allowed to fight) to NO-PVP (Not allowed to fight) right?
But that's a server condition, not player's. Anyway, I could do that for you but not for free. PM me if you are interested.

If I understood correctly and you want to change a player from PVP(allowed to fight) to NO-PVP (Not allowed to fight) right?
But that's a server condition, not player's. Anyway, I could do that for you but not for free. PM me if you are interested.
Kind of messed up... you have 28 threads and most of them are in support asking for help with scripts and you want to charge people in requests to make them one.

Kind of messed up... you have 28 threads and most of them are in support asking for help with scripts and you want to charge people in requests to make them one.
So do it for him for free Codex, if you have time to track my threads and make an usefulness commentary as this one, you have time to do this system for him. I am charging for a service if no one else is up for doing it for free (which do not involve a single script in lua, but source edits also. Which the combination of both I call "system"). Also the threads Ive made was asking for HELP in errors in the scripts I made myself, not for someone doing something I want.

So do it for him for free Codex, if you have time to track my threads
It isn't rocket science.
https://otland.net/search/1226046/
Code:
Showing results 1 to 20 of 28

Btw, my post in this thread isn't about the script he/she wants made, its about the audacity you have, to think you can charge a person for a script on the requests boards... people requesting things in this section of the site don't need to pay for scripts to be made... and no one is forcing you to write it.

And this type of script does not require a source edit.

Last edited:
So do it for him for free Codex, if you have time to track my threads and make an usefulness commentary as this one, you have time to do this system for him. I am charging for a service if no one else is up for doing it for free (which do not involve a single script in lua, but source edits also. Which the combination of both I call "system"). Also the threads Ive made was asking for HELP in errors in the scripts I made myself, not for someone doing something I want.
This doesn't need source changes in TFS 1.2 tho. You can do it all with player/creature events (onTargetCombat and onGainExperience)
Not hating just saying.

It isn't rocket science.
https://otland.net/search/1226046/
Code:
Showing results 1 to 20 of 28

Btw, my post in this thread isn't about the script he/she wants made, its about the audacity you have, to think you can charge a person for a script on the requests boards... people requesting things in this section of the site don't need to pay for scripts to be made... and no one is forcing you to write it.

And this type of script does not require a source edit.
I don't feel forced to write anything and I'm also not forcing him to pay me, he showed interest in giving some payment in the first hand. If you see I wrote "If you are interested PM me". Also I didn't see any rules that forbid someone from paying a requested sort of service in this board section, but I do agree that if someone want a service he should go to the Jobs section, but If you get emotional from seeing someone who is replying to a thread where ppl offer money from any kind of service, you do have any psychological problem related to money itself. What is the problem of paying someone to do something for you? No need to answer that. I believe that we shouldn't be flaming his thread with a senseless fight you started. If you wish to continue that discussion PM me if you are interested, I admire your work in the forums.

This doesn't need source changes in TFS 1.2 tho. You can do it all with player/creature events (onTargetCombat and onGainExperience)
Not hating just saying.

Well, I am better with C++ than Lua and I know very much TFS sources so I can do a faster and precise job from C++ going to Lua, without causing any game experience changes. So, I always prefer going this way than the other, so I ask excuse for you and @Codex NG for my lack of knowledge in Lua and I would like to invite you both to do this script for our friend @denkan97 considering the purpose of this thread. I would like to learn more about Lua by seeing that script done.

I don't feel forced to write anything and I'm also not forcing him to pay me, he showed interest in giving some payment in the first hand. If you see I wrote "If you are interested PM me". Also I didn't see any rules that forbid someone from paying a requested sort of service in this board section, but I do agree that if someone want a service he should go to the Jobs section, but If you get emotional from seeing someone who is replying to a thread where ppl offer money from any kind of service, you do have any psychological problem related to money itself. What is the problem of paying someone to do something for you? No need to answer that. I believe that we shouldn't be flaming his thread with a senseless fight you started. If you wish to continue that discussion PM me if you are interested, I admire your work in the forums.

Well, I am better with C++ than Lua and I know very much TFS sources so I can do a faster and precise job from C++ going to Lua, without causing any game experience changes. So, I always prefer going this way than the other, so I ask excuse for you and @Codex NG for my lack of knowledge in Lua and I would like to invite you both to do this script for our friend @denkan97 considering the purpose of this thread. I would like to learn more about Lua by seeing that script done.
Tfs 1.2

Thanks!

Replace this function in data/events/scripts/creature.lua: (Don't forget to activate the event in events.xml)
Code:
function Creature:onTargetCombat(target)
    if self and target then
        if self:isPlayer() and target:isPlayer() then
            if self:getStorageValue(15500) == 1 or target:getStorageValue(15500) == 1 then
                return RETURNVALUE_YOUMAYNOTATTACKTHISPLAYER
            end
        end
    end
    return RETURNVALUE_NOERROR
end

Add this above the last return exp in Player:eek:nGainExperience in data/events/scripts/player.lua:
Code:
    if self:getStorageValue(15500) == 1 then
        exp = exp * 0.75
    end

Resulting in:
Code:
function Player:onGainExperience(source, exp, rawExp)
    if not source or source:isPlayer() then
        return exp
    end

-- Soul regeneration
    local vocation = self:getVocation()
    if self:getSoul() < vocation:getMaxSoul() and exp >= self:getLevel() then
        soulCondition:setParameter(CONDITION_PARAM_SOULTICKS, vocation:getSoulGainTicks() * 1000)
        self:addCondition(soulCondition)
    end

-- Apply experience stage multiplier
    exp = exp * Game.getExperienceStage(self:getLevel())

-- Stamina modifier
    if configManager.getBoolean(configKeys.STAMINA_SYSTEM) then
        useStamina(self)

local staminaMinutes = self:getStamina()
        if staminaMinutes > 2400 and self:isPremium() then
            exp = exp * 1.5
        elseif staminaMinutes <= 840 then
            exp = exp * 0.5
        end
    end

exp = exp * 0.75
    end
    return exp
end

And the npc lua script:
Code:
local keywordHandler = KeywordHandler:new()
local npcHandler = NpcHandler:new(keywordHandler)
NpcSystem.parseParameters(npcHandler)

function onCreatureAppear(cid) npcHandler:onCreatureAppear(cid) end
function onCreatureDisappear(cid) npcHandler:onCreatureDisappear(cid) end
function onCreatureSay(cid, type, msg) npcHandler:onCreatureSay(cid, type, msg) end
function onThink() npcHandler:onThink() end

local price = 50000

local function creatureSayCallback(cid, type, msg)
    if not npcHandler:isFocused(cid) then
        return false
    end

local player = Player(cid)
    if player:isPzLocked() then
        npcHandler:say("Come back when you are not in fight!", cid)
        npcHandler:releaseFocus(cid)
        return false
    end
    if npcHandler.topic[cid] == 0 then
        if msgcontains(msg, "pvp") then
            if player:getStorageValue(15500) == 1 then
                npcHandler.topic[cid] = 1
                npcHandler:say("Would you like to activate your pvp state for " .. price .. " gold coins?", cid)
            else
                npcHandler.topic[cid] = 2
                npcHandler:say("Would you like to deactivate your pvp state for " .. price .. " gold coins?", cid)
            end
        end
    elseif npcHandler.topic[cid] == 1 or npcHandler.topic[cid] == 2 then
        if msgcontains(msg, "yes") then
            if player:removeMoney(price) then
                npcHandler:say("Its done.", cid)
                player:setStorageValue(15500, npcHandler.topic[cid] == 1 and -1 or 1)
            else
                npcHandler:say("You don't have enough money.", cid)
            end
        else
            npcHandler:say("Okay, then what do you want?", cid)
        end
        npcHandler.topic[cid] = 0
    end
    return true
end

local function greetCallback(cid)
        return false
    end
    return true
end

local function onAddFocus(cid)
end

npcHandler:setCallback(CALLBACK_ONADDFOCUS, onAddFocus)

npcHandler:setMessage(MESSAGE_FAREWELL, "Good bye |PLAYERNAME|!")
npcHandler:setMessage(MESSAGE_WALKAWAY, "How rude!")
npcHandler:setCallback(CALLBACK_MESSAGE_DEFAULT, creatureSayCallback)
npcHandler:setCallback(CALLBACK_GREET, greetCallback)
npcHandler:addModule(FocusModule:new())

Change local price to desired price.

Replace this function in data/events/scripts/creature.lua: (Don't forget to activate the event in events.xml)
Code:
function Creature:onTargetCombat(target)
    if self and target then
        if self:isPlayer() and target:isPlayer() then
            if self:getStorageValue(15500) == 1 or target:getStorageValue(15500) == 1 then
                return RETURNVALUE_YOUMAYNOTATTACKTHISPLAYER
            end
        end
    end
    return RETURNVALUE_NOERROR
end

Add this above the last return exp in Player:eek:nGainExperience in data/events/scripts/player.lua:
Code:
        exp = exp * 0.75
    end

Resulting in:
Code:
function Player:onGainExperience(source, exp, rawExp)
    if not source or source:isPlayer() then
        return exp
    end

-- Soul regeneration
    local vocation = self:getVocation()
    if self:getSoul() < vocation:getMaxSoul() and exp >= self:getLevel() then
        soulCondition:setParameter(CONDITION_PARAM_SOULTICKS, vocation:getSoulGainTicks() * 1000)
        self:addCondition(soulCondition)
    end

-- Apply experience stage multiplier
    exp = exp * Game.getExperienceStage(self:getLevel())

-- Stamina modifier
    if configManager.getBoolean(configKeys.STAMINA_SYSTEM) then
        useStamina(self)

local staminaMinutes = self:getStamina()
        if staminaMinutes > 2400 and self:isPremium() then
            exp = exp * 1.5
        elseif staminaMinutes <= 840 then
            exp = exp * 0.5
        end
    end

exp = exp * 0.75
    end
    return exp
end

And the npc lua script:
Code:
local keywordHandler = KeywordHandler:new()
local npcHandler = NpcHandler:new(keywordHandler)
NpcSystem.parseParameters(npcHandler)

function onCreatureAppear(cid) npcHandler:onCreatureAppear(cid) end
function onCreatureDisappear(cid) npcHandler:onCreatureDisappear(cid) end
function onCreatureSay(cid, type, msg) npcHandler:onCreatureSay(cid, type, msg) end
function onThink() npcHandler:onThink() end

local price = 50000

local function creatureSayCallback(cid, type, msg)
    if not npcHandler:isFocused(cid) then
        return false
    end

npcHandler:releaseFocus(cid)
        return false
    end
    if npcHandler.topic[cid] == 0 then
        if msgcontains(msg, "pvp") then
            if player:getStorageValue(15500) == 1 then
                npcHandler.topic[cid] = 1
                npcHandler:say("Would you like to activate your pvp state for " .. price .. " gold coins?", cid)
            else
                npcHandler.topic[cid] = 2
                npcHandler:say("Would you like to deactivate your pvp state for " .. price .. " gold coins?", cid)
            end
        end
    elseif npcHandler.topic[cid] == 1 or npcHandler.topic[cid] == 2 then
        if msgcontains(msg, "yes") then
            if player:removeMoney(price) then
                npcHandler:say("Its done.", cid)
                player:setStorageValue(15500, npcHandler.topic[cid] == 1 and -1 or 1)
            else
                npcHandler:say("You don't have enough money.", cid)
            end
        else
            npcHandler:say("Okay, then what do you want?", cid)
        end
    end
    return true
end

local function greetCallback(cid)
        return false
    end
    return true
end

local function onAddFocus(cid)
end

npcHandler:setCallback(CALLBACK_ONADDFOCUS, onAddFocus)

npcHandler:setMessage(MESSAGE_FAREWELL, "Good bye |PLAYERNAME|!")
npcHandler:setMessage(MESSAGE_WALKAWAY, "How rude!")
npcHandler:setCallback(CALLBACK_MESSAGE_DEFAULT, creatureSayCallback)
npcHandler:setCallback(CALLBACK_GREET, greetCallback)
npcHandler:addModule(FocusModule:new())

Change local price to desired price.
What if the player uses an area attack spell?
From what I can see, that will allow them to attack the player indirectly, no?

What if the player uses an area attack spell?
From what I can see, that will allow them to attack the player indirectly, no?
No, the area damage still calls targetcombat. The event is "ontargetcombat" not "ontarget" so its triggered everytime a target combat action is executed.

You are right, owned.

Says the guy who lives in support...

Noo, lives in works hard :)
You live in support trying to stole some noobs ^^
Sorry for the true =)

5gPaq6A.png

ps. make a premium user please, help in something this forum dumb.

Noo, lives in works hard :)
You live in support trying to stole some noobs ^^
Sorry for the true =)

5gPaq6A.png

ps. make a premium user please, help in something this forum dumb.
Don't make me copy and paste all 7 pages of your threads begging for help in support & request..

There is a difference between what I do and what you do, I produce, I educate, I am a giver, you on the other hand are just a parasite... run for office you are a natural :)

its hard to make two types of players?

players with pvp off
You see Hidroponica (Level 95). She is a sorcerer. Pvp-Disabled

and player with pvp on
You see Hidroponica (Level 95). She is a sorcerer. Pvp-Enabled

Last edited:
its hard to make two types of players?

players with pvp off
You see Hidroponica (Level 95). She is a sorcerer. Pvp-Disabled

and player with pvp on
You see Hidroponica (Level 95). She is a sorcerer. Pvp-Enabled
no its not, but ur tfs version is important here. If you are using tfs 1.x just edit onTargetCombat like mkalo says then edit look function with something like
Code:
local msg = "Pvp"
player:getStorageValue(pvpmode) and msg=msg.."-Enabled" or msg=msg.."-Disabled")

Back