• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Quantum 1.2 exp bug

juninroxy

Reaction score
I'm from American ElfenServer. (elfenserver.com)
I'm using this OT, but i'm having a HUGE problem with it.

When players reach 2147483647 of experience, they can't earn more exp. This bug makes these chars stuck in their levels..
I guess from 510+, what can I do?

Not to mention the magic level display that bugs a lot.

Can someone please help me!?
I cant let my server to fail by that.. 400 players to disappoint..

Thank you already for reading.
Hope someone can guide me.

Well, that exp is what I think is the max supported by the tibia client (it cant show more exp, usually only shows 0, but the real exp is saved in the database). I've never seen a server been stopped by that problem before.

Well it's pretty strange because I've seen some servers go far higher than 500+ lvl. around 10k or 5k but there too does occure a bug, another one in fact, when they die they gain exp huh :S

In visual C parsing encoding, at the highest bit rate, it limits out to that exact number. Its not that they chose it for no reason, it's the highest number the engine will allow. 2147483647 is the maximum number that can be displayed as a variable on a 32 bit server/client, if it was upgraded to a 64 bit, it would be hella lot higher.

Last edited:
2147483647 is max number for int,
use something like uint_64, just google for something higher than int size in c++.

@jonny: you can have more in 32bit box -.-

thank you guys for your replies...

So, what can I do?

1-Try to move the players database to another ot? Is that possible in a SQL server?
2-Is there any hope to fix this problem without changing the entire ot?
3-Just reset and open another ot? =/

hope to see ya'll soon

I had exactly the same problem with Evo 078 (and Quantum is based on it) which my previous OTS. It's due to data type in C++ sources and data type in MySQL database. Even if you change it in database it wont succed in. You must find line in sources which is about experience and change datatype to bigger + the same with database what wont be such a big problem as with sources (this exp bug is because int(12) cannot save number bigger than this 21~).

I had exactly the same problem with Evo 078 (and Quantum is based on it) which my previous OTS. It's due to data type in C++ sources and data type in MySQL database. Even if you change it in database it wont succed in. You must find line in sources which is about experience and change datatype to bigger + the same with database what wont be such a big problem as with sources (this exp bug is because int(12) cannot save number bigger than this 21~).
Anyone have any idea how to fix this kind of error in "Evolutions 0.7.8 SQL"?

Back