• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Questing: The Duration [Poll]

How much time would you like to spend doing a quest?

• 30 minutes or less

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • 30 minutes to 2 hours

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • 2 to 5 hours

• 5 hours or more

• Total voters

Chonono

Brandnew Member
Reaction score
Hi folks! This post is related to the others "Questing" threads I've just made so please vote in all four polls what your ideal kind of quest is in order to have an accurate idea of what you want! =)

Questing: The Party
Questing: The Complexity
Questing: The Rewards

In Questing: The Duration I want to discuss what the duration of the whole quest should be. So this means counting all missions! Do you like to spend large amounts of time taking part in a rich story or are your more into random quests which you can solve really fast?

Please comment your response! =)

Quest should not take too long in one session, as they exhaust player. Also keeping attention is limited for some time, and we often stop noticing important things in longer sessions. So I'll vote for 2 to 5 hours(to combine with long quests preferention), but individual mission should take only as long as long we can keep attention and that would be around 30-60 minutes.

@Gall That's true. That's why I asked the duration of the whole quest. I still think that sometimes a large mission is nice too :) But of course, big missions also make it difficult for players who don't have the time to play in big sessions.

Back