• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Question about hosting

ralke

(҂ ͠❛ ෴ ͡❛)ᕤ
Solutions
Reaction score
GitHub
ralke23
Twitch
ralke23
Hi all, I have some doubts about memory usage, in my vps, I tried to increase the ram usage of my server process, ive found this (youtube.com/watch?v=uXj-oyEr5Yk) and then i tried doing something like this:
setting.png
the this is, this is actually good to do? will increase the performance of my otserver, and, should i increase the value of initial size?, hope someone can help me with this, if I am going use this service it would be best to take full advantage considering that I will only use it to have the server and mysql process open...

otherwise, what methods do you have in mind to optimize the performance of your servers?

regards,
ralke

Last edited:
If you have a big server (big map and heavy scripts to load), you can increase the initial value of allocated RAM.
Personally I think that 3 GB is more than enough (depending on how many players you have connecting at start as well). I don't know why you set the value to be 3803 MB though. 3 GB would translate to 3072 MB (in binary, base 2).
Worth noting though is that it is unecessary to allocate more memory than needed.

The use of virtual memory slows down a computer, because the data must be mapped between the virtual and physical memory.
That requires extra hardware support for address translations.

You need a VPS or dedicated server with more ram if you want to run a server with a bigger map.

The size of the swap file is irrelevant until it actually starts getting used. Also, variable sized is a nuisance if it ever has to expand.

If you want to run optimized server, you should be using Linux.

Back