• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTClient Question about merging maps

glydeforce

Reaction score
GitHub
Tabrune
Currently I am using OTSERVBR 12.64, the latest version from their github. It came with a realmap named, otservbr, as well as what is referred to as a "custom map" otservbr-custom.

Can anyone explain what the difference and/or purpose of having two different map files is, and why they do this?

I am mainly just trying to modify the map myself, fix some things, add in some NPC's and new monster spawns. I understand how to do that in Remere's Map Editor, however I don't understand how I can merge my changes with my current live server. I am a little worried to make changes to the main otservbr map file, as I feel that perhaps I need to make changes in the otservbr-custom map file and leave the otservbr map file alone.

Sorry if my question, and explanation is confusing, I am just generally confused about how it works, as this is my first time attempting to update the map on my live server.

I really appreciate any help, and or speculation you all might add :)

Otservbr keeps a different map for, as the name says, differencing between real map and custom things, that's why, so you can actually even delete the otservbr-custom and nothing will happen.

I recommend making a new map, and YOUR changes adding them there, like custom floor for temple etc. So when the map from otservbr changes, you use the "Import" function in remeres, I don't recommend using the built in merge function in TFS because it doesn't overrides movable items, it only overrides tiles.

It's a good idea as well keeping track of your changes, in a notepad or something, so you can copy if you prefer it instead of using the "Import" function.

Otservbr keeps a different map for, as the name says, differencing between real map and custom things, that's why, so you can actually even delete the otservbr-custom and nothing will happen.

I recommend making a new map, and YOUR changes adding them there, like custom floor for temple etc. So when the map from otservbr changes, you use the "Import" function in remeres, I don't recommend using the built in merge function in TFS because it doesn't overrides movable items, it only overrides tiles.

It's a good idea as well keeping track of your changes, in a notepad or something, so you can copy if you prefer it instead of using the "Import" function.

Okay, so you're saying to make changes to the main map file (otservbr) if I want to change the floor of the temple in Edron?... Or do I make the changes to a new (otservbr-custom) map file?

and when you say the built in merge with TFS, you are referring to the fact that there's two different map files being merged by TFS?

Back