• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Question for Newbies.

Xikini

I whore myself out for likes
Senator
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
Are there any specific guides that are outdated, and you would like to see updated?
Is there anything confusing to you as a newcomer that you haven't been able to find an answer for easily?

Let me know.

Are there any specific guides that are outdated, and you would like to see updated?
Is there anything confusing to you as a newcomer that you haven't been able to find an answer for easily?

Let me know.
IMO, not sure Evil Hero's lua tutorial is that up to date anymore but even a simple explanation of what each function does and can be used for would maybe be helpful for those looking to get into scripting..

Essentially when I started looking into it, working out what functions to use etc was the difficult part. Because the syntax itself, especially for lua is very straight forward, so if people learn what capabilities the functions can have, it would help newbies out a lot I bet!

I followed that one few months ago and its up to date and a good ground actually!

STEP 4
Add samples to DB:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function fetch() on bool in C:\xampp\htdocs\classes\account.php:33 Stack trace: #0 C:\xampp\htdocs\classes\account.php(21): Account->load(1, 'name') #1 C:\xampp\htdocs\install.php(334): Account->__construct(1, 'name') #2 {main} thrown in C:\xampp\htdocs\classes\account.php on line 33

this is my problem bro
STEP 4 in acc maker install

STEP 4
Add samples to DB:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function fetch() on bool in C:\xampp\htdocs\classes\account.php:33 Stack trace: #0 C:\xampp\htdocs\classes\account.php(21): Account->load(1, 'name') #1 C:\xampp\htdocs\install.php(334): Account->__construct(1, 'name') #2 {main} thrown in C:\xampp\htdocs\classes\account.php on line 33

this is my problem bro

which xampp you installed? with php 7.x or 8.x?

STEP 4
Add samples to DB:

this is my problem bro
I went with znote instead for that part tho so can’t help u there :(

I would say a guide to choosing the right web solution for account makers, I believe some easy problems would be fixed if people knew what versions to use with which account maker. This is something I was working on before.

I'll be following this thread :).

Good idea, @Xikini

How to cherry pick from Github to Gitlab! I add in all my fixes manually at the moment, would help me. I'm not sure if its been done on otland yet.

As far as guides to getting up and running with a server, a website and a client..

The TFS GitHub Wiki, seems to be a great resource for getting up and running with a server.
I don't think it's outdated, and I don't think I can improve upon it. So I'll leave that as-is.

I would recommend the OtLand's Forked Open Tibia Client to connect to your server.
While there is other OTC forks available (OTCv8, OTC 1.0), with different upgrades and bug fixes.. I believe that over time those forks will eventually become stagnant and die as the creators lose interest/time, whereas the OtLand fork will always remain as a stable backup and ground zero.

---

Going through every available Lua function @GhostX has been something I've always wanted to do.

I'd be specifically show-casing how to use the TFS specific Lua functions, as apposed to the existing guides which try to teach you how to script.
It will hopefully be the 'next step' after you've learned the basics, and be useful as a quick look-up guide, if you don't know how to use a specific function, there will be an entire guide showcasing 1 or more ways to use the function properly.

I might expand or create a separate tutorial on how the spell / npc systems work.

But anyway, I think this will be a fun project for myself.

--

Thanks for all the replies!

1. Explain how to correctly make a spell and how to use the parameters inside it. Like (variant). And sometimes use addEvents to make a delay inside the spell. And how to make sure the spell doesnt give error if the player/creature dies before the time limit inside the addEvent goes to zero.

2. How to add a loot drop on specific monsters with LUA and how to edit that specific item before it drops.
// Say boss nr 1 drops a crimson sword with atk 10. But boss nr 2 drops a Crimson sword with atk 15 and +1 sword fighting.

About a week ago I helped a guy set up tfs 1.3 master on ubuntu 16.04* and we ran into 3 problems that a newbie probably wouldn't be able to get past and would probably just give up.
1.) the cmake version that ubuntu was running was 3.5.1 and was rejected at line 1 of CMakeLists.txt
cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 3.10) changed to cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 3.5.1) fixed it
2.) needed to run sudo apt install libboost-date-time-dev even though this is instructed as only for ubuntu 20.04
3.) delete the whole ### INTERPROCEDURAL_OPTIMIZATION ### section of CMakeLists.txt

These "fixes" I did to get tfs1.3 master to compile are not necessarily "the right way", but they worked for me.
*yes I know 16.04 isn't recommended going forward, there were other reasons this distro was selected in this case and it shouldn't have mattered for the instructions anyway.

Back