• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Question] Hosting a Real Map OTserv.

kubus92

Reaction score
This is huge topic so please be serious!

Hi everyone,

I am thinking of hosting a real map server, of course it will not be at home, what about dedicated server.
Hmm... that's the main point, I haven't got any knowledge about dedicated servers, how do I host it on server, copy files, setting every bit up. Is it through FTP or some kind of destkop connection?

I am really looking for advice in this topic. What dedicated servers are the best in the Europe, what are the prices, and which options are the best.

What kind of OTserv?
Windows/Linux?
Are there any tutorials or it is better to become a premium user and get those things ready to use if it is even possible?

Guys, please please help me with my issue.

Thank you in advance,
Jakub

Theres some dedicated server websites such as Cheapvps, hetzner ect...
And Linux is better than windows for hosting but you need to have little knowledge about it.
in Windows its easiest to use FTP and Remote Desktop connection and in linux you will have to use Putty(ssh/ "command prompt") and ftp

an rl map needs about 4-6 GB of RAM i think.
There is tutorials for both windows and linux in Tutorial section :)

Okay, well I am working on linux so I think I would choose linux because I've heard that linux offer lots of benefits in Otserv hosting. What kind of vps would you choose for 200-300 people? Can I ask you for a link please?
Thanks for quick reply!

Ok, I think I would choose cheapvps but.. what do you think about real map servers posted on forum for free, are they ready to use if people says "oh thats cool" etc. ?

And what are the main benefits and differences between using windows and linux?

why its better to use linux? just main opinions..

Ok, so which one would you choose? because there are two options for 49 euro monthly.
Dedicated Server X4 or Dedicated Server EQ 4 ?

What do you think about ready to host real map server from forum?

take the x4 :)

the premium board have have the best realmap

Its able to download and host..

but if you want have players you must make it your own able :D

You need to edit it and make it good :) and Unique so ppls will start playing your ot :)

Well, this is what I was thinking about. Actually, every real map OTserv is same or similar so I haven't got any seruious ideas how to make it my own ;) xD
Can you give me some advice?

Back