• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Question] Regarding Creating an OT

Malthael

Reaction score
I’m not sure if I posted this in the correct section so I apologize if I didn’t…

It’s been a while since I’ve hosted an OT (back in the basic XML/SQL days) and a while back I followed Gesiors tutorial, and just couldn’t get it to go with Visual Studios… for the most part, just kept getting a bunch of errors… I got one server to successfully go but I don’t remember which one it was lol… I’m interested in making one, even if I don’t necessarily host it publicly but more or less just learning more. Is there any other guides I can follow? Maybe more up to date ones? (not sure if Gesiors tutorial is 100% up to date, it’s been a thread for a while) I recently seen Sabrehaven server for 7.4 (I love old school Tibia) and just wondering what I would need to do in order to get that going

You don't have to compile servers from source code (at least not for most servers). Only compile from source if you plan to make changes to the server engine. Find an open tibia distribution (server), setup a database using its schema and then setup a website (AAC [automatic account creator]) connected to the website. Edit your database credentials in the server directory (usually there's a .cfg file there), where you enter your IP address for the server and database, then simply run the executable file and your server is up and running.

Back