• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Lua Questions about config.lua

Physik

Reaction score
Hey again guys, just having some problems interpreting what some of the lines of code mean

pvpTileIgnoreLevelAndVocationProtection = "yes"
noDamageToSameLookfeet = "no"
showHealingDamage = "no"
fieldOwnershipDuration = 5 * 1000
oldConditionAccuracy = "no"
loginOnlyWithLoginServer = "no"
randomizeTiles = "yes"
disableOutfitsForPrivilegedPlayers = "no"
saveGlobalStorage = "yes"
emoteSpells = "no"

Yeah i know its a few lines of code, but i really need to understand what some of these mean.

thanks in advance

Code:
pvpTileIgnoreLevelAndVocationProtection = "yes"
If you have a Pvp tile on a map,everyone standing on this can hit another player standing on a pvp tile too and his protection level and vocation is ignored.

Code:
showHealingDamage = "no"
When you use a healing spell or a potion an animated "+x" (x stands for the amount of HP you received after healing) will appear above your player.

Code:
randomizeTiles = "yes"
It randomizes tiles like grass (RME's mapeditor does that automatically)

Code:
disableOutfitsForPrivilegedPlayers = "no"
Determines wether a GM,CM or a God can change outfit.

Code:
loginOnlyWithLoginServer = "no"
Forces an account to get through the login server,if set to yes

Code:
saveGlobalStorage = "yes"
Saves the global storage value if set to yes (???)

The rest of them,I don't know what they are used for.

Code:
fieldOwnershipDuration = 5 * 1000
Not sure, but I think this is how long you get to "own" a corpse. (So noone else can open it or move it)

Code:
emoteSpells = "no"
This will make it so when you use spells it will say the name of the spell in orange(?) text. So instead of showing "exori gran" it will say "Fierce Berzerk"

Code:
noDamageToSameLookfeet = "no"
This is used mainly for war servers. If you set to yes, players with the same color outfits won't damage each other.

Code:
oldConditionAccuracy = "no"
I think if you set this to yes it saves all your conditions when you logout (like haste, mana shield, buffs, etc.) so they are still there when you log in.

(NOT 100% ON THESE)

Back