• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.X+ Questions about data pack related to TFS 1.X

yuitsi2

Reaction score
Here I am again!

It seems like the more I work with this the more questions I get. Although I do crawl forward in the making of my OT... slowly.

Enough shit chat, here's my questions.

So I've been wanting to make a RL server. From what I've understood downloading a data pack is the best way to accomplish this before I'm 65 years old and retired. This is the part where my knowledge is lacking. Please do not roast me, I'm here to learn.

• What is the data pack in specific?

• Isn't datapacks linked to the source code or is it independent?

• What are data packs in compared to a clean TFS 1.3 downloaded from the GitHub?

• Let's say I download a data pack that was intended for TFS 1.2, can I upgrade it to TFS 1.3 without too much work?

datapack is whole data folder, datapacks can be "linked" to source code, for example by using source functions, you can use orts, but its for tfs 1.2. You can download datapack for 1.2 and use it with 1.3, but its not as easy as download and run, you will need to fix changes that occured in datapacks because of source code changes, like some commands moved to lua and other things.

@Nekiro Ok, how would you recommend me to go about this? Like I said I'm still in the learning process. What do you recommend me to do for now since I do have lacking knowledge.

Back