• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Questions about hosting an server.

richux

Tibera.org
Reaction score
Hello! I would like to know is there any other way how to host your own tibia server if I don't have fast internet and good pc/server at home? I have searched around for companies that offers hosting, but they are all too expensive. If you know a companie that offers cheap hosting or other ways how to host dedicated server 24/7 please let me know.
Also I want to know how good server I need to host ~100MB real map or ~30mb custom map and keep 100-200 players online. Parameters please.^_^
And my last question: What could I host with machine like this:
Processor:intel core 2 due 2,33GHZ
RAM: 4GB DDR2
Internet connection: 8Mb/s

Thank you!

Last edited:
You can try this website for dedicated server :-

Dedicated Server Hosting | VPS | Domains | Webhosting | Private Racks by LeaseWeb

Also you can search for a hoster here on otland, a trustable one probably, I got scammed off by some hosters like :- Nikkster so dont trust this guy, try to find a good hoster for you, or else buy your self a dedicated >much safer< , and for your internet connection

I guess you can hold 75~150 players with no lagg.. >Not sure<

Rep me If I helped!

Two main things you should choose for hosting server

1.Processor
2.Ram
then
3.Net

for 100-200 players with 100mb map
2 GB ram (Min)
net 50-70mb's is enough but obviously 100mb's net is great

^^

up@ ty

People please give me more information, for example:

1)internet speed that u got
2)server that u are using
3)dedicated? is it at home or maybe u got other ideas how to host ot?

My main question is - How to host ot if I don't have fast i-net and good pc at home?

Thank you!

I have 2 computers, and im currently hosting one (test/beta, and its exrated.servegame.com if you wanna test lagg?) which is online 24/7. The server computer has 2gb ddr2 800, a 2.7 quad core and 10000rpg SATA hard drive with 16mb/s interrnet. Iv hosted with 70 players only :( but they had no lag.

My other comp i got spare... I coult host a serv on that 24/7 and thats the better one. The only prob is its Vista 64 bit. Its:

3.2 Duel core (Suxxy?)
16gb DDR2 800mhz
2x Western digital terrabyte 10000rpm Sata RAID 0
and other stuff too (with 16mb/s internet). And yes, i have 2 internet connections.

Back